Author Topic: Stiff peerless  (Read 2323 times)

Offline mowterin'

• View Profile
Stiff peerless
« on: July 10, 2006, 01:01:11 pm »
Hello all, i have what i think is a 900 series peerless 5 speed. anyway. i replaced a link that had broken on the chain thinking it would fix it. but when i put the case back together, it is barley movable like everything is meshed to tight. so i removed all the gears i didnt need thinking it would help, and it works like a champ when the cases are apart. but as soon as i tighten down the bolts, it almost locks up. i dont think its the input gear, it has the snapring installed. also the case does not mate up flush when you set them together, there is a gap, and i cant find the culprit. but i just dont know. thanks for any and all input

Offline matt25001149

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.WesternOntarioOutlaws.com
Stiff peerless
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 01:04:58 pm »
ahh yes the lil tab on the bushings u gotta makesure they are in the lil triangular hole in the case if not ull have the prob u are encountering
#87 Outlaw
Western Ontario Outlaws

Offline DarkNyte

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Stiff peerless
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 01:08:02 pm »
On the end of all the shafts there is like a brass bushing make sure if they have a spot for a indention the thing on the brass bushing is in that indention so the case dont have gaps..

Offline mowmanscott

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.grasscarmowersports.com
Stiff peerless
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 02:37:34 pm »
been there. done that. like thay said the tab isnt in the slot.

Offline mowterin'

• View Profile
Stiff peerless
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 05:04:50 pm »
You guys are awsome, ill check that out as soon as i get home tonight. to bad i already removed the other 4 gears, and welded 5th in. if anyone could let me know where i could get a couple new shafts for cheap i would really appreciate it. thanks again