Author Topic: Just starting - how do i remove my governor?  (Read 6150 times)

LawnGeneral

Just starting - how do i remove my governor?
« on: June 13, 2006, 02:36:45 am »
Always wanted to get started in the lawn mower racing, finally got a mower with an 18.5 Briggs on it, so how do i remover the governor to get started? thanks any other information will be greatful..

Offline creechfan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 08:05:03 am »
It seems every one of us on here have been in your position at one time or another. It can be frustrating as heck trying to learn how to make a mower fast, and stay fast.

You probably didn’t want it hear this but I’d suggest doing searches and reading almost every post on this web site. Look in people signatures for useful links and read as much as you can! Try to go to some races, make contacts in your community (parts stores, the old gentle men down the street w/ ever tool know to man…ect) Go to your local salvage yards….

Start a log book of things you need to find out and what you discover, I’m going to start mine soon….add picks from this forum to it, any fourm!...print what ever you need. But remember!! Give credit where credit is due!!!................

That’s what I’ve been doing and I can tell you I’m learning a lot!

I know I didn’t answer your question about the governor but some one will be able to, you may be able to find a post out there answering your very question..

G :D ood Luck!!

:D -CreechFan

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 03:29:52 pm »
Goveners are on engines...

So I'm moveing this to the engine section...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline dynamark

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 06:41:01 pm »
to be honest if you are new to gas motors you may want to mabe get a book or do some reading on it i'm saying this because the worst thing to do is wing it if you plan on racing it the more you know the better it will work for you  . it's kind like taking out a bolt /a spring or somthing goes goes flying no bodie saw it ,and then the build takes a turn for the worst .it is important because most of the time the oil system is in volved in the removel so in closing it will save you mony and time ,and even a few head achs to be comfortable with what your doing ,i could explane it to you but if our minds eyes get crossed it would cause you moor trouble than necssery

the briggs site has all the drawings you would need

thanks dynamark
just wanna sling some sod

anything