Author Topic: piston to wall? ring size 10 or 20 over?  (Read 3504 times)

Offline ariensracer

• View Profile
piston to wall? ring size 10 or 20 over?
« on: June 02, 2006, 10:28:18 am »
I have a 28 briggs and I got the piston # 696397 briggs piston to put in my block my problem however is I have ten thousands piston to wall! So my question is should I put ten over rings or twenty over rings in and file the ends down to get three or four thousands ring gap I am stumped on this cause I have some people telling me to bore it twenty over and get a twenty over piston and rings, then I have another guy telling me to get 10 or 20 over rings and put them with the piston I am not sure what to do here. I will tell you my current stock rings for the piston I have the ring gap is thirty four thousands and I know that is to much gap so let me know if you guys have any advice even though I have a lot already I am just not sure what to do :?  I think I might stay with the piston I have and get 10 over rings for it and run the bad boy worst thing I think Is I will scuff the piston up but that is all I know thank you

Kyle
yle
#828 Sp

Offline tory

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
piston to wall? ring size 10 or 20 over?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 07:16:21 pm »
Stick with the oiston you have and gowith the .010 over rings and file them.Im shur opinions will vary,but I like a loose clearance moter.I personaly intetionally run a loose bore and filed the .010 rings.TB

anything