Author Topic: 44CID Intek  (Read 166269 times)

Offline larry crouch

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 44CID Intek
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2008, 04:32:35 pm »
Guys thanks for all of the responces! I still think Horse power helps even on a bad handling chasis.
Thats my opinion. On the head issue, if compression does not help H.P. and I understand the flow part
why the closed chambers and open chambered heads and even the cupped pistons versus the domed topped pistons on any engine. Just curious!

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2008, 05:56:08 pm »
Oh now I am really confused. LOL
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline Hitch

• Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.southernoutlaws.us
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2008, 06:16:23 pm »
Welcome to the confused department George,I don't think he's talking about anyone engine in general more like some of them all.Flat heads are the ones that don't need a lot of compresson,overhead valves differant story.Building compression in a flat head restricts flow flow flow.Now I'm getting confused. LOL
Carey Hulett aka Hitch
Engine builder,fabricator & shop owner
B&S and Harley Master Tech
2008 ARMA Sportsman National Champ
Owner of The Worlds Fastest 5hp Mower Documented @ The Texas Mile
Founder & President of (SOMA) Southern Outlaws Mower Association
Owner of Southern Outlaw Speedway
Remember this:
"It Ain't Braggin if ya can back it up"

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2008, 07:58:51 pm »
I know what to do.. I think I thought I thunk I do. !!!
George Herrin #6
Retired from BP

Offline larry crouch

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2008, 08:31:39 pm »
pretty much goes back to the original question, how much to cut the heads for optimum power. Guys I know this is not a canned answer but this has been an enlightning thread.

Offline mightymowe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2008, 09:23:14 pm »
Ok how about this..leave the chambers open so that the valves are not shrouded for good flow,and deck the block to get the pistons to stick out,then shave the pistons to get the clearance you want.It shouldent make any difference weather you shave the heads or deck the block you may still have to do some work to get the intake to fit.But open chamber heads do flow better.
David Peters

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2008, 01:20:39 am »
Remember this. As thin as top ring land is whatever you do either romve the top ring completely or you will have an end result you don't like like. Shaving the piston any at all w/o romoving that top land ends with the land breaking off and now ya got pieces floating around. Thats why if ya gonna flat top the pistons do it enough to remove the top ring This is on the INTEK 44 cube pistons. Already found out the hard way. I told a Cust. it wouldn't last he said do it and it didn't. Wasn't pretty.
George Herrin #6
Retired from BP

Offline Don Gienger

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.g-team.us/
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2008, 11:43:43 pm »
OMG you guys are working to hard at this. Shave and deck and bla bla bla.
Hello Air Cooled Engine!!!!! Poor Heat Dissapation!!!!
Oh and one more thing. Poor handling mowers just suck. It is NOT about HP. NO motor on the planet will help a poor handling mower.
Jeez guys go back in the day. When George raced a Stock Vanny with Nothing going on and still raced top dogs in the USLMRA.
Why did he do so good??? Come one someone must know G from back in the day and have Video like I do???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
George's mowers HANDLE!!!! That makes him fast!!!! HEllo :doh:
If your chassis is Fast you don't need a Fast motor. BUT they both work well together.
Also to back up what was said earlier. NO ONE PART makes a motor fast. It is a series of parts and mods that make a motor fast.
My Inteks have 2 years of R&D on them and it is still moving on. I do not do bigger valves and many other spendy parts.
Simple build for simple HP and Torque.
Founder NDLMRA
NDLMRA Race Director
2007 USLMRA CP Class Champ
G-Team Racing
G-Force Engines
The G-Team E-Bay Store!

Offline larry crouch

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2008, 06:30:45 pm »
It sounds like you are getting upset because of differing opinions of handling and H.P. I agree an ill handling anything that  races sucks. But you can not
convience me that H.P. is not important. If not you would not have 2 years
of R&D on an Intek engine. I know I sound like an agitator but thats not my purpose. We, by that I mean my son and my brothers work on what we think
will help us go faster or handle better and maybe win a race or two. Yes, I and my family watched George drive in Tenn. and he is the best Mower racer I've seen, but he had H.P. to back it up.

Offline Don Gienger

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.g-team.us/
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2008, 05:17:14 pm »
Not exciting me at all.
I have seen G Race too. Back in the day when he had NO HP but was fast. Now he is a bit faster.
But as G has said many times driver and handling are 2/3rds of the pie. HP is the other 1/3rd.
Go ahead with $$ and Ideas. No one is stopping you. But I am on a limited budget even if I have a store and find it hard to spend in areas I see little to no bennies for a faster mower all around.
Good Luck
Don
Founder NDLMRA
NDLMRA Race Director
2007 USLMRA CP Class Champ
G-Team Racing
G-Force Engines
The G-Team E-Bay Store!

Offline Seth Brunson

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Team Lightning Racing
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 11:58:35 pm »
Alright guys what i think don is trying to say is that if he doesn't do all the mods you are talking about then there must be reason behind it. It must not be enough of a gain to even worry about over your competitors or else many other people would have already tried it. Trust me if it coming from a guy like don then id sure as heck believe him and i don't even personally know him and i believe him. The man is wise people believe him. Yes a combination of everything will make a motor RUN but not for the price of some stuff and what little it will do for your engine or won't do. Also if u don't have a GOOD chassis then no motor in the world will help you. If u cant turn it into the corners were you gonna nowhere but to the back of the line. If you cant steer the dang thing then your not gonna get into the gas very hard there fore your not gonna use you high power motor.  Thats why many people need to listen to other people who have knowledge on this kinda stuff and you might just get a winning setup. 
"Come To Our Shop, Will Make Ya Stuff Fast" Team Lightning

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 07:03:09 am »
Brunson man where did you come from with that. Its about listening to everyone taking everything into consideration and then making your own judgements. Understand Larry and all his family are all driving chassis designed by me. They have made many many phone calls to me questioning chassis setup and what not. The have GOOD chassis I know I raced with them. Now they want motor to go along with that chassis. While Don builds a good motor (I know I have raced them to) the Crouchs want more. Nothing wrong with that, so they are asking questions on how to go that extra step farther. While some mods make small gains those small gains all add up. Adding up enough small gains makes for a big gain eventually. So in the end While you say you don't know any of the parties I know all the parties, no one is cutting no one down they are simply asking questions and giving there reasons for there answers. And yes the intek has more power to gain. Its a matter of figuring out how to squeeze it out. And from a man who knows, I would rather have too much motor than not enough. I can manage too much I cannot get more when I need it if I ain't got it. Remember that... Thanks for your input.
George Herrin #6
Retired from BP

Offline hiflyer727

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2008, 02:04:17 pm »
Are there teflon coated, standard bore, pistons/rings available for the 44? If so, would you have the part numbers? Thank you.

Offline docbro

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2008, 05:35:16 pm »
They are available.  There is a "break" in production of these which determines the correct piston/ring combination.  Code number is needed for your engine.  I have two new sets in my shop waiting for parts to come back for my engine build.

Doc
Kenny "Doc" Holder
2013 ULMRA FX Champion
2013 USLMRA 5th FXT
2012 USLMRA 3rd FX
2012 USLMRA 7th FXT
#606 GP, CP, BP, FX, FXT

Offline hiflyer727

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2008, 05:50:22 pm »