Author Topic: need to find a tranny.  (Read 5176 times)

pastfast125

need to find a tranny.
« on: March 04, 2006, 11:54:54 am »
Hey, I'm starting a project, and we have a craftsman. Not sur eon it's model number, it's one of the lt4000 models we think. It has a hydro tranny, and a 15.5 hp kohler. We need to find another tranny for it, the same thing as what's already in it. If you guys know a part number or anything like that, thanks.

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
need to find a tranny.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 01:54:11 pm »
hey call up a mower shop and ask tehn for a foote or a spider 5 or 6 speed i have the same on that i race and i droped a straight axel in it its much better for turning and lowering
#4 super modified
SOLTRA

pastfast125

need to find a tranny.
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 05:12:55 pm »
naw, it's a custom prject and we need 2 of the same trannies, and we wanna run hydros, it's not a racing mower. but it is a secret :twisted:

Offline matt25001149

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.WesternOntarioOutlaws.com
need to find a tranny.
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 05:51:42 pm »
i think i know wut ull be doin with those two trannys  :wink:  but ya if u want one u probly gonna have to go to a mower shop's graveyard
#87 Outlaw
Western Ontario Outlaws

pastfast125

need to find a tranny.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:28:04 pm »
lol, if you figured a 4wd muddin vehicle, then u got it right, lol. I have some cool parts layin around, and came up with a cool design, and we got a tractor layin around with a 15 horse motor in it, so we're gonna have some fun. we're not goin crazy like some of those guys runnin 40 inch truck tires, it's gonna have suspension :shock:  and prob 27" super big tread atv mud tires. Should be fun.

Offline matt25001149

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
need to find a tranny.
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2006, 10:29:59 pm »
LOL SWEEEEEEEEEEET ill put up some pics of our mudder  its a jd rear engine mower 8hp  it has 16'' x tracs on the back and 13 '' tractor tires on the front getting a lift unfortunately no suspension  :(  will have pics up soon
#87 Outlaw
Western Ontario Outlaws

pastfast125

need to find a tranny.
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 10:33:13 pm »
yea, ours will be a little bit overkill lol, and not pure lawnmower, but it'll be sweet cuz we mostly ride through woods and over fallen trees, and we like to do some rock crawlin, so we're gonna have the suspension real soft for that stuff. The suspenion is off of a quad, some spare parts I have layin around. We were thinkin 4 wheel steering too, but I dunno how well that would work without power steering?

Offline matt25001149

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
need to find a tranny.
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2006, 10:34:28 pm »
kool kool get some pics up soon and im pretty sure  ur gonna need power steerting
#87 Outlaw
Western Ontario Outlaws

pastfast125

need to find a tranny.
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2006, 10:42:05 pm »
o woops, sry bout that if u get some weird yahoo messenger thing, I was jus tseein if u had one, and it went weird and sent u somethin. ANyway, how hard would it be to do power steering? how doe sit work? is it belt driven or what? If it is, that could be a prob cuz we were thinking about switching from belt drive to chain, cuz when the belt gets wet, it doesnt go anywhere, and we dont need the clutch with a hydrostatic tranny.

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
need to find a tranny.
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2006, 07:11:07 am »
are u goin to be goin with same size sproket on hydro? cause it has 2 allllll be the same or trnny wont last
#4 super modified
SOLTRA

pastfast125

need to find a tranny.
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2006, 04:05:54 pm »
yea I know, thats why I need to find the same exact tranny as I have now, and keep everything the same so the front and rears spin at the same speed.

ND4SPD

need to find a tranny.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2006, 10:30:12 am »
what will you us for spindels on the front of your 4x4