Author Topic: motor idea  (Read 4714 times)

pastfast125

motor idea
« on: February 23, 2006, 02:41:07 am »
Just tossin some ideas out there, this has prob been done already. Could I run like a 125 4stroke motor, using a torque converter instead of a tranny..and  then just run a chain back to a live axle? I  think tha twould be prettty cool, or maybe even a bigger motor if theres a torque converter that can handle that power?

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
motor idea
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2006, 10:46:54 am »
if you wanna race shifter karts, then go race shifter karts...otherwise keep it all mower.
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline bigbadmower

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
motor idea
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2006, 08:55:41 pm »
I don't think they allow torque converter in uslmra. maybe wrong but don't think so.

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
motor idea
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 09:01:08 pm »
you can in fx.....
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline bigbadmower

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
motor idea
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 09:13:24 pm »
sorry my bad but still go whit the mower parts!!

Offline tory

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
motor idea
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 11:49:23 am »
Sounds like your just beatin aruond out back,So do what you want,or whatever your abilty allows.If we all just left every thing alone ,we'de be racing at 10 mph would'nt we.If we used only 'MOWER PARTS" on are mowers we wouldnt get far,mower parts are made to mow,thats why we use alot of the cart parts we use.(bearings,carbs,axle...)Then thats also why they regulate us.Good ol american engineering can get carried away,we all need a leash once in awhile. On the same thought,one of my neighbers built a VW 4cyl. powered john deere,all atachements still work and it is hydro,a bit bulky and slow and isnt good for much,But looks awsome.

Offline The Stig

• View Profile
    • http://www.fastmower.co.uk
motor idea
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 02:34:31 pm »
You can get torque converters in all sorts of power ratings. I use one on my race mower over here in the UK. You'll have to work a jackshaft into the set up somewhere to run the driven half of the converter on - and then a chain drive from the jackshaft to the rear axle. They are a very durable piece of kit - I've been racing with the same belt for two years and no plans for a new belt this year either! Just make sure that the driver and driven halves of the unit are aligned properly with each other, and that you have the right belt for the centre distances of the two halves.

Hope this helps!
WLMRA #7 - The Stig
Group 2W Champion 2005
www.fastmower.co.uk

Offline Red Horse Racing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
motor idea
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 06:31:12 pm »
Just a curious statement here as I have no intention of ever following through, however, there is a large snowmobile junkyard just down the road.  I've never seen a snowmobile that didn't use some type of torque converter.

Anyone see my drift?  Would it work, or is the RPM's and power too low on the lawnmowers?

Dale
Wheel Horse of Course!!

pastfast125

motor idea
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2006, 03:45:54 am »
cool, thanks for the responses, and I'm not looking to get into racing so I dont care about the regulations. Just thinkin of cool stuff to spend money on, hahaha.

anything