heymow.com - Lawn Mower Racing Forum
September 18, 2014, 06:38:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Want to Join our site? CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar Staff List Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yeah, But...  (Read 5526 times)
Kiddanger
« on: March 09, 2007, 04:40:02 PM »

Since i cant add to the other threads - i guess this'll do. Its a project , yes- i dont plan on terrorizing the neighbor hood , killing myself or anything like thet. There are no racing leagues anywhere near me - the nearest is at least two hrs away. Im not out to make jokes of tractor racing in any form. Id like to see if anyone else in the area would like to have some sort of 'race day' , just for fun when some propety becomes available. I take all safety precautions when i do ride my tractor, i wear a full face hemilt and armpads. I agree it isnt everyones idea to go racing and do illeagal things with fast tractors, but at least im thinking it thru to do everything safely, with upgrades n such.
Squidd
Global Moderator
Highly Mowtivated

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 04:56:05 PM »

I'm sorry Kiddanger, but the official position of MowBetter is Racing/Sanctioned Events and Professional Level builds Only...

We at MowBetter do not support the backyard bashing/street wheelie/neighborhood nuscience type builds or riders...and encourage anyone interested in getting into modifying a mower from grass cutting duties to faster than stock speeds to check in with and join an organized sanctioning body and follow their rules and regulations as well as run their mowchines in a publicly acceptable, safe and legal manner...

Bottom line is..this is a forum for racing lawn mowers similar in type and class to what you would see at a USLMRA (or other sanctioning body, ARMA, ATLMA, OELTRA, etc..) event, and not an acronym for "I'm a Backyard Basher with a Cool Hangout on a Lawn Mower Racing Forum!"

As such we can not allow "One Up" No rules/Do what you Dang well please Builds Here any longer...

Not that your's may be "dangerous" (as you propose prove) But it opens the door for the Two Dozen "Other" Clowns that aren't as concerned for their safety or the image of Mower racing as you are...

We would HIGHLY encourage you to : check in with and join an organized sanctioning body and follow their rules and regulations as well as run their mowchines in a publicly acceptable, safe and legal manner..

IE: Two hours to a race is Not that far to go to run a professional circuit, on a sanctioned mowchine under the guise of an Official body...I personally have to travel that far to run my mowchines on a track...and many others travel further...

Your build will not be allowed on this board as stated numerous times...Appreciate your understanding..

Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: