Author Topic: Best Machine to start with...  (Read 5090 times)

Offline Sean1369

• View Profile
Best Machine to start with...
« on: June 21, 2016, 11:13:10 pm »
I have been poking around the internet and haven't really found a lot of information. I gather that the peerless 600 is the transmission I should be looking for and I have my heart set on a briggs, and I did see and article referring to the 28 CI as the small block chevy of mowers and it has a lot of aftermarket support. I also read that the ones that say I/C are more stout. So I have a couple questions, whats the difference in all the briggs engines? I see all kinds of HP ratings on mowers on craigslist, which one should I be looking for? So basically what mowers had a good briggs engine and the peerless 600? Ohh and I don't plan to run it in any classes, its just for fun. I hope I posted in the right area and any help would be appreciated, Thank you.
Cub 104
Ford LGT 18H (broken)
Cub 104 Rotax 670 (project)

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
Re: Best Machine to start with...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 01:42:00 pm »
DO YOU MEAN "700", IF SO THEY ARE USED MAINLY ON WALK BEHINDS.
PAY ON ATTENTION TO HORSEPOWER RATING, WHAT YOU WANT TO LOOK FOR IS CUBIC INCH RATING. HORSEPOWER RATING'S ARE JUST A GUESS. THE TERM "I/C IS JUST A MARKETING THING.
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline Sean1369

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 08:10:00 am »
No, I'm looking for the peerless 600 with the "H" pattern, the 3 speed. And I was under the impression that the I/C means Industrial Commercial, and that these engines had better liners and bearings. Anyway, I'm just trying to figure out which machines had a good briggs and transmission that also has a large aftermarket support.
Cub 104
Ford LGT 18H (broken)
Cub 104 Rotax 670 (project)

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 02:22:51 pm »
SORRY, JUST HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE LET ALONE HEARD OF ANYONE USING ONE. HOPE YOU FIND ONE.
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline Philip Pepin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 10:21:12 pm »
I have been poking around the internet and haven't really found a lot of information. I gather that the peerless 600 is the transmission I should be looking for and I have my heart set on a briggs, and I did see and article referring to the 28 CI as the small block chevy of mowers and it has a lot of aftermarket support. I also read that the ones that say I/C are more stout. So I have a couple questions, whats the difference in all the briggs engines? I see all kinds of HP ratings on mowers on craigslist, which one should I be looking for? So basically what mowers had a good briggs engine and the peerless 600? Ohh and I don't plan to run it in any classes, its just for fun. I hope I posted in the right area and any help would be appreciated, Thank you.

Offline larry reddinger

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 05:50:41 pm »
I knew a guy that ran the 600 peerless it worked on for him but the axle is only 3/4 so didn't take too much roughin around to bend it
Larry :chris:

anything