Author Topic: 24hp ELS carb and coil question  (Read 2440 times)

Offline hectorshouse

• View Profile
24hp ELS carb and coil question
« on: January 27, 2016, 07:43:21 am »
Hi,

I have a new 44 ci intek/ELS engine on the bench being stripped. When looking through the Nikki carb venturi the butterflies are not quite horizontal at full throttle. Is this normal or a way to reduce the hp a little for the 24hp rating?  A small amount removed from the arm/stop on the end of the butterfly spindle would allow the butterflies to be fully horizontal.

Coils, I have a Vanguard 23hp on the bench also (I'm swapping from Vanguard to ELS). The coil part numbers for these engines are different and not cross referenced that I can see ELS 691060 and Van 492341. When compared they look identical, does anyone have information on these coils and if they are interchangeable?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Offline Eric (Moose) Mossow

• View Profile
Re: 24hp ELS carb and coil question
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 12:04:36 am »
My experience. I run a intek twin, and have used coils of vanys, and singles with success. The stock intek carbs can be played with. personally I went with the ec dominator have had very good luck with it makes good power too...
103 pro stock
103 pro/super mod
21 mod x... oppy power....
driver builder and owner of Mossow Mowersports
2015 nnylmr championship pro mod 3rd place

Offline hectorshouse

• View Profile
Re: 24hp ELS carb and coil question
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 02:42:47 am »
Thanks for the reply, I'm waiting for spare coils to arrive from the USA just now. Even with the import taxes and shipping they are less than half the price for the same in the UK !!

anything