Author Topic: Want to Win $25 of EC Store Credit and a Free EC T-SHirt?  (Read 5836 times)

Offline mark @ EC

• View Profile
Want to Win $25 of EC Store Credit and a Free EC T-SHirt?
« on: July 24, 2015, 02:43:05 pm »
Want to WIN $25 of STORE CREDIT AND A NEW EC T-SHIRT?We want racer input on our future website. Over the last few years we have done most of our web work in house and in the last couple of month we believe its best for us and our customers if we have the best kart racing/lawnmower racing site on the web. In order to do that were bringing in the professionals.

Our first question is our navigation: Our carburetors are what we are known for but would it be more helpful to have that in its own store or under each category where it is applicable or having it both ways?(look at our picture)

What other things would make our site better?
• Written Blog
• Videos
• Quantity Pricing
• How important is social media and which ones do you use? (Facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube,etc)
• Downloadable catalog vs printed catalog
• Email Newsletters
• Anything else? Please be as specific as possible if you've seen something from another site send us an example. It doesn't be a racing website if its a applicable concept.

For Each Valid message get one entry. Just add your email in a private message and your advice then Monday August 3rd we will post a video of the drawing and contact that person through email with their prize.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f269/mford4/ec_web.jpg
Mark Ford @ EC Carburetors

Offline austinandtina

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 03:46:58 pm »
I belive if you update your billing screen it would make it much more convenient on mobile devices  thanks
austin cheeney

Offline EUBANK RACING

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Want to Win $25 of EC Store Credit and a Free EC T-SHirt?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 04:48:02 pm »
would be nice to know if part is stock, have ordered several times and not realized the part I really need was not in stock, only ordered other parts to cut down on shipping, then also have no idea when back ordered part actually is back in stock. this would be great
\"Micah\"

Offline crazycraftsman

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • owen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 11:37:55 am »
Discount on large orders.500 and up orders. 5-10% would make a difference. A arc rod and piston application cart for most common engines. Rod piston combo,s for drop in .
owen
Lawnmower Racing in B.C   Canada
WMWS points cup winner BP 2016
Wmws points cup winner CP 2017
Wmws points cup winner CP 2018

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 04:04:04 pm »
I DO LIKE YOUR EXAMPLE. DO YOU REALLY HAVE DRIFT BIKE PARTS? IS THAT LINK THE WAY YOU GUYS ARE THINKING OF SETTING UP? IF SO THAT WOULD MAKE IT EASY TO ADD TITLES AND CATEGORY'S.
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline bowtie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 07:17:24 pm »
I think a little more description on parts if possible and paypal checkout. thanks  Ken
Ken Rajewich

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2015, 07:57:08 pm »
Putting the carbs in their own store would be kind of a waste in my opinion. Simply break it down by manufacturer (Tecumseh/Briggs/Kawasucki/ect) and list them by application. Single cylinder, twin cylinder, open class, ect.

If the carbs were put into their own "store", then it would be best that it was linked directly to everything else in one shopping cart. Otherwise, say you want to buy a carb, a rear axle and some spindles. If they had separate carts, I I had to check out once for the carb, then again for the chassis parts, it would just waste time and irritate me.

Some comprehensive videos on how to make the adjustments on the carbs would also be good for those just starting out, or new to the carb. I still get guys who have been racing for 6+ years asking how to adjust their Walbro LMT..and I dont even touch those icky Briggs anymore.

Video of George doing the chicken dance would also provide some humor, and you could even charge as a "pay-per-view". Guarenteed revenue generator right there!
Ed King

71.3% of the time, I'm right every time.

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/tawdew

Offline berthyd

• Turf Warrior
  • Voted of the Island
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2015, 08:14:26 pm »
I would pay to NOT see G do the chicken dance. But hey, that's just me.

Bert
Gary Busey and Rick James both used to live in my shop. Redline stole them.

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2015, 08:56:30 am »
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT, I MIGHT HAVE TO COVER MY EYES THROUGH SOME OF IT THOUGH!

Offline mark @ EC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 09:46:30 am »
I DO LIKE YOUR EXAMPLE. DO YOU REALLY HAVE DRIFT BIKE PARTS? IS THAT LINK THE WAY YOU GUYS ARE THINKING OF SETTING UP? IF SO THAT WOULD MAKE IT EASY TO ADD TITLES AND CATEGORY'S.

We will have drift trike parts in the future. Right now we've sold our rear axle kits to a few guys building some and we have a couple of prototype in the shop.

Discount on large orders.500 and up orders. 5-10% would make a difference. A arc rod and piston application cart for most common engines. Rod piston combo,s for drop in .

We have made some discounts through using our website in our shipping for some smaller part we have first class mail which on average is about $4 and change and flat rate postal which is 7.00 flat and shipping over $300 is free with exclusions on some of the larger items such as seats and axles in which our margins can't compensate in other words its almost giving parts away.

Thanks everyone for your commments. Many of the issues we are working on now. If there is anything else we would greatly appreicate it. The better we make our website, catalog and other online services the sooner we can get back to answering calls full time and the better service we can provide. Currently we have many new products that will be introduced starting this winter and as time and money allows carrying us through the next couple of years of new products

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 01:10:06 pm »
THE DRIFT TRIKES ARE STARTING TO CATCH ON AROUND HERE. I WILL PASS THAT ON TO THOSE GUYS!

Offline mark @ EC

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2015, 10:17:15 am »
We have our winner and we will contact them directly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2923TU7pqNs

thanks everyone for your help