Author Topic: Fuel question  (Read 3110 times)

Offline IADIRT51

• View Profile
Fuel question
« on: June 24, 2015, 11:07:52 pm »
For the FX/T class fuel regulation is; 3. FUEL: Pump racing fuels permitted. I am slightly confused on what pump racing fuel is. Can anyone help me out here, because I can buy Methanol that is pumped from a tank by a vendor.

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel question
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 03:55:40 am »
Since you mentioned the FXT class, i assume you are talking about the USLMRA. If you will read the entire rule book, it very clearly states the rules on fuel under general mower requirements (which apply to all classes).

FUEL and FUEL DELIVERY

"The only acceptable fuel is pump gasoline. Fuel must be pumped fuel bought at Service stations, example SUNOCO racing fuel or VP Racing Fuel sold at Marathon Service stations. Additives, other than STABIL Fuel Stabilizer are prohibited. Any apparatus other than the carburetor which can be used to introduce any gaseous or liquid substance into the induction flow, whether connected or not, is prohibited, and will result in disqualification. Such devices include, but are not limited to, Nitrous Oxide, alcohol or water injection systems, turbo or superchargers, and/or the attendant hardware consistent with these systems. Any attempt to conceal or disguise such apparatus will be considered a flagrant violation and may result in expulsion from the USLMRA."
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline IADIRT51

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 03:05:52 pm »
Look I understand you guys hear these questions a lot and I'm not just some idiot wanting to bend the rules, I understand everything the rule book says, I am simply asking, if I want to run those fuels and there are no service stations that distribute these fuels in my area, am I allowed to use the same fuel just from a different source. Like say Diamond Oil Company who distributes racing fuels?

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 04:19:12 pm »
As longs as it is pump gas and available for anyone to purchase, you can use it. Some local clubs have their own set of rules and don't even allow race fuel, while others will allow you to run methanol.
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline IADIRT51

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2015, 05:22:27 pm »
Thank you, again I am not here to bend rules just simply wanted clarification. As this will determine what goes into my engine.

Offline crazycraftsman

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • owen
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 01:10:43 am »
(On this topic)Will 104 octane gas at the pump allow engines to run cooler? Some of  The (76) gas stations in the USA sell that at the pump but it still has ethenaol in it. I've ran 89-94 and didn't notice any difference. It's getting hot out and trying to keep engine temps down . It's seems to help letting the engine run a couple minutes after race in between races. Any bit would help.
owen
Lawnmower Racing in B.C   Canada
WMWS points cup winner BP 2016
Wmws points cup winner CP 2017
Wmws points cup winner CP 2018

Offline IADIRT51

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 01:27:24 am »
Easiest way to keep an engine cool is to leave the shrouds in place, as the fan moves air through them specific ally designed for that engine, otherwise you won't see much of a drop with any 15% or less ethanol fuels, e85 and methanol are the coolest burning fuels that are readily accessible to us all, cam2 burns cool as well but remember cool means slower and with that, timing needs to increase. But if you dont run alky or e85 now and don't know much about it, don't switch, get educated first there's a lot to learn and a lot of carburation as well as ignition setup changes. Cam2 is best bet. Which as I understand the posts above, if you can purchase cam2 over the counter you can run it.