Author Topic: Need my motor freshened  (Read 2112 times)

Offline boxcar

• Brookings, SD
    • View Profile
Need my motor freshened
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:22:21 pm »
I'm new to this sport. The mower I bought has a 44ci Intek twin. The motor has allot of stuff already done to it. I need to have it freshened up or checked out for the next years season. I live in South Dakota and really don't want to ship it thousands of miles to have it done. I'd like to have this done somewhat close who is a top notch builder of intek's. Thanks, boxcar
Raabe Racing

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Need my motor freshened
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 07:01:01 pm »
Talk to some local machine shops.  I'm sure someone can help you out.  Find out who your buddies are using.  Find out who the pullers in your area are using.

What has been done to the engine?
That will help who ever does the work.

If it just needs rings and a valve job about any machine shop can help you out.   If your wanting more performance done to it you may end up having to ship it if you can't find anyone local.

Just saw where you are at.   If you can't find anyone local let me know.   I can help.  I don't know of any racers in your area.   But I know a group a little south of you that don't race anymore.   They may be able to help, but in the Yankton area.

I could help you out if you wanted to get the engine to the Council Bluffs, Ia area.

And shipping isn't that bad if you don't have to send the entire engine.   Can you do any engine work yourself?
Paul Krueger

****2017 USLMRA FXT points Champion****

#150 Worlds First "sidewinder" FX (now dismantled)

#150 FXT  Sponsored by Zach Kerber Machine. http://zkbrmachine.com/

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline Conductor 81

• THINKING WAY OUTSIDE THE BOX!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 11:07:45 pm »
Boxcar get a hold of a guy on here name Eatondirt he lives in South Dakota. He is in Rapid City. He will be able to help you out I'm sure. Hope this helps. If you can't get a hold of him in here let me know and I can get a hold of him and get you two in contact.
Keith

Offline MOWtaku

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 06:38:26 pm »
Pretty sure I know who you're talking about in Yankton, and I think I know the shop they took their stuff too. It would be L&L Machine, behind the Hedahl's Auto parts.
Zach Jensen
Irene, SD