Author Topic: intek  (Read 15133 times)

Offline Rocket Ron

• Rocket Rons Racing Parts
  • Turf Warrior
  • Ronnie McClain
    • View Profile
Re: intek
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2014, 09:16:02 pm »
I guess It'swho you are If  and when you get GIGED out?are even get your reply GIGED out Good luck Huracaine! 8)
Ronnie McClain
I am 55
843-287-2042

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2014, 10:02:09 pm »
I guess It'swho you are If  and when you get GIGED out?are even get your reply GIGED out Good luck Huracaine! 8)

English translation please. 
Paul Krueger

****2017 USLMRA FXT points Champion****

#150 Worlds First "sidewinder" FX (now dismantled)

#150 FXT  Sponsored by Zach Kerber Machine. http://zkbrmachine.com/

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline Rocket Ron

• Turf Warrior
  • Ronnie McClain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2014, 10:13:58 pm »
Hav'nt heard William english on here today. :doh:
Ronnie McClain
I am 55
843-287-2042

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2014, 10:48:31 pm »
50+ Cube engines!!!!

Bert is the king with the "60CID" v twin. 

My little 42 cube engine must need an upgrade..........
Paul Krueger

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline more4les

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • FatBoyZ Racing - Mowin' Down the Competition!
    • View Profile
    • Northern  NY Lawn Mower Racing
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2014, 11:30:05 pm »
Here is my beef when you knock out the 49 block. It lets big money rule the races. You can buy a 49 block for 1/3 the cost of sleeving and boring a 44 block. It takes more than a simple sleeve job to make this work also. It takes extensive welding and machining of the block (internally) to get a head gasket to seal on a 44 with 49 sleeves. A new 49 block can be had for about 175 bucks. If the rule is 44 cube then cube check them all. Regardless how they got above 44 make them illegal. Otherwise this 49 bashing needs to come to an end. How many 30 HP Kohler blocks are out there I ask? More than anyone wants to admit.

Lester
2012 & 2014 Sportsman Champion (Builder/Owner), 2013 2nd.
2011 - 2014 Pro-Mod Champion, 2011, 2014 2nd Builder/Owner
2008-2013 Pro-Stock Champion (2009-13 Builder/Owner)
2007 Pro-Mod Champion
Founder of NNYLMR
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/NNYLMR/
Front Yard Chassis
Impact Racing Engines
http://www.facebook.com/groups/NNYLMR/
SKYPE ME: more4les

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2014, 12:02:58 am »
There are more illegal Briggs blocks out there than all the others combined. 

Kohler don't make a 30hp engine that I'm aware of. 
Paul Krueger

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline more4les

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2014, 12:19:30 am »
2007 Pro-Mod Champion
Founder of NNYLMR
Front Yard Chassis
Impact Racing Engines

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 12:25:34 am »
44.5 CID.

I thought they were rated at 32HP.

It is a simple bore job to make a 20hp Kohler bigger. 
Paul Krueger

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2014, 05:15:20 am »
The biggest engine Kohler makes (in the standard small block series) is a 30hp CH/CV750 engine and it is 45.6 CI. A 25hp engine is 44 CI. The 25hp and the 30hp have the exact same block with a 3.27 (83mm) bore size, the only internal difference is the 25hp has a 67mm stroke crank and the 30hp has a 69mm stroke crank. The 25hp and 30hp block can have the same part number.  Buy a 30hp crank for your 25hp engine and you end up with the same result. And as Paul said, to make a 20hp Kohler into a 25hp all it takes is a simple bore job.  So the thought about all the "illegal" kohlers doesn't even make sense.

If you guys look closely at the rules in FXT/Super Mod Twin for example, it says you must START with a certain factory rated HP or CI block, and from there in the US rules it clearly states " Modification to block and heads are open" and in ARMA "Modifications to the block and heads are unlimited." What CI you achieve using your Factory block is only limited by your imagination (or wallet), but go too big and you will have a bucket full of parts after a few races if that.  Most of the Kohlers that are the front runners are actually well under 50ci. The big radical engines run hot and are more prone to failure due to the thin cylinder walls and high compression. An extreme motor is very hard on parts. That's why you see the Nascar and NHRA guys rebuilding their motors after every race, and even then they still have failures. Ryan Kerr's wicked Kohlers won a lot of races at only 45CI. All the top guys in the V-twin classes are making great HP, now it comes down to who has the best handling chassis and can drive it consistent every lap.
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline Rocket Ron

• Turf Warrior
  • Ronnie McClain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2014, 06:32:02 am »
Tyler, Before you start hi jacking this tread also. Should I remind you The Kolher section is a few sections down,  I think Rene' question was how do you idenafi a 49 b&s block.And also I'm got my own Kolher project under way  It will be larger than any thing we've spokeabout :bash:Ron.
Ronnie McClain
I am 55
843-287-2042

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2014, 08:59:32 am »
Hey, Rene Don't cheet just take the 44" block stroke crank from 2.890 to 3.000 and bore & sleeve from 3.120 to 3.300! Put's you at 52 ci. I learned that from Kolher guy's There's all kinds of ways to beat tech.   LoL!    Ron

So, Zack.  What do you guy's do about these 58-60 CI. Kolhers  Us Briggs guy's should by 54-61 CI. vanny's ?  Ron.

Ron, maybe your memory is short, but should i remind that you started the Kohler talk in this section and took the thread on dirt road.. I am simply clarifying false information about Kohler engines in a thread taken on that topic. But go ahead and build whatever size engine you want, you won't see the Kohler guys complaining. And good luck building anything better than Zach Kerber or MWSC has already built. A motor like Paul's little 44ci makes more power than a machine and track can handle. That being said, bench racing is one of best parts of this sport  :lol:
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline cycloneracer

• Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Easy Parcheesy!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2014, 09:25:50 am »
Just to clarify my FXT is a 44.  Not a 42 (that was something else!)

And it makes too much power.  We actually took some timing away to help the mower hook up better and let the engine live longer. 
Paul Krueger

Easy Parcheesy Racing

Offline more4les

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 12:57:43 pm »
I'm going to "Sound off" here a bit but first I want to remind everyone of my racing heritage. I've been involved in racing snowmobiles, mud drags and D.I.R.T. Modifieds and now lawn mowers. What I first found ironic in lawn mower racing rules was the "Must start as a certain block" and "All internal modifications are allowed". What? No other racing organization that I know of allows internal modifications without limit yet bases the start off an engine cu in. If you are going to have a cubic inch or cc limit it must remain as a complete limit. Let me give a clearer example using a small block chevy. A typical 350 without being resleaved will get to 4.060 maybe 4.090 if the casting is really good. Now a bowtie block 350 will get to 4.215 from its 4.00 stock bore. A small block 400 will get the same. But now you say the small block 400 isn't legal because it started as a 4.125 bore at the factory. Kinda nonsense if you ask me. That's why they use a cube checker to keep everyone under 368. If I want to run a 4.125 piston and 3.44 stroke it is allowed. If I want to run a 3.82 bore and a 4.00 I can. The is no physical size difference between the 44 and the 49 block. It can not be measured externally to separate the two. There is a minor casting difference that allows a trained eye to differentiate the two. This is not a big block. you can't make the Intek 49 as big as you can the 46 Kohlers with any amount of boring. The material isn't there. What I see is the pure hatred of the intek by people who shrug their shoulders at 60+ cube Kohlers.
2007 Pro-Mod Champion
Founder of NNYLMR
Front Yard Chassis
Impact Racing Engines

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 02:04:23 pm »
WHAT I SEE IS, YOU MY BE LIMITED TO INTERNAL MODS BUT WITH A LAWN MOWER ENGINE YOU REALLY CAN ONLY GO SO FAR. IF YOU DO GO "TOO FAR" IT'S TURNS INTO A HAND GRENADE. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT BRAND IT IS. EVEN IF YOU MAKE A "MONSTER CUBE MOTOR" YOU STILL HAVE TO HOOK IT UP. SO ANY INTERNAL MODS MEANS TECH DOESN'T HAVE TO PULL IT APART, NO CYLINDER PUMPING OR MEASURING OF ROCKERS OR CAM. YOU WILL NEVER CATCH  OR STOP SOMEONE FROM STRETCHING THE RULES ALL THE TIME.
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 02:06:42 pm »
Where are you guys getting the idea of a 60+ cube kohler? No one that I know in mower racing has one of those. I know most of the people who run a Kohler, and did work on probably half of them. I discuss alot with Julian at MWSC and they sell maybe two engines a year that are that extreme, and they aren't to mower racers. The Kohlers don't get the big CI from boring, the material isn't there either. The biggest bore you can put in a Kohler takes a lot of work by boring the sleeves out and running a Nikasil coating directly on the aluminum. Even still they only end up around .100" bigger bore than stock. But that engine combo will run hot and isn't meant to be ran long. It's common in the pulling world but not mower racing. That still doesn't make the engine anywhere close to 60ci, actually not even 50ci.  The big CI gain is done by using a longer stroke billet crank, which can be made for any brand of engine out there. People would be surprised to see that most of the best running Kohlers in lawnmower racing are well under 50ci and have a stock bore, or close to it. Most of Ryker's fastest engines were only 45ci or less.

I don't see an issue with guys running a 49ci Intek block, and neither would most other racers. Even though its starting with a bigger CI, it's still a "small block" engine and ends up with the same result as boring/sleeving while reducing costs for racers. Some people just like to complain. And it's legal in ARMA to run the 49ci block since their rule is 49ci and under factory rated starting point.

-Love God, Love Others -

anything