Author Topic: shaft drive  (Read 1479 times)

Offline taylorteamracing

• View Profile
shaft drive
« on: November 02, 2014, 11:00:31 am »
I been searching around the net looking for info on shaft driving a super mod fxs or fxt never found anything but I believe I have it worked out on my build it is a Murray or part of lol I started with the front axle 1x2 by 26" all hiem jointed caster camber toe 8" wheels rotors and brakes from a talon 150cc the motor is a onan yes its a Cummins 22.5hp mid mount with a torque a verter mounted with the clutch facing forward underneath the chassis there is a 3/4 dia shaft with a 40 14tooth sprocket that is driven by the clutch it runs straight back to the transaxle the trans axle is up on its side (tilted forward) the is a universal shaft that connects the 3/4 shaft to the input shaft of the transaxle on the side of the transaxle where the mower brakes used to be is the drive sprocket for the axle I have yet to test it but allot of people was wanting to know if it could be done or how you would do it if someone could tell me how to put pics up here I will share the engineering of the system Very Happy the overall wheel base of this build is 44
' wide sidewall to sidewall the length is going to be approx. 48" with 8" wheels frame is 4" off of the ground there is no right angle gearbox on the build plus this design allows the use of either vertical or horizontal engines with minor changes

anything