Author Topic: Could i tell a Cheetah with a dial gauge?  (Read 7804 times)

Offline slideways

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Could i tell a Cheetah with a dial gauge?
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2014, 11:07:07 pm »
Horizontal Vanguard 35
Brian

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2014, 11:13:00 pm »
As far as the camshaft gains, there are several other factors besides lift that make big HP and torque changes in an engine, including lobe center, lobe separation, and duration. Two cams with the same lift but different duration, lobe center, and lobe separation can have very different power bands and peak hp/torque. However, they could also be using the same legal camshaft but simply changing the cam timing.
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline slideways

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2014, 10:17:56 am »
By advancing it a tooth you mean? I asked a guy local to me about doing that and he said he never tried it but he thinks you would run out of power by the flagstand. These motors peak around 6400 before we start killing valve springs.
Brian

Offline BIG AL 202

• Highly Mowtivated
  • LET'S GO FIND A NEW PLACE TO RACE MOWERS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2014, 09:05:58 pm »
HE MEANS TIMING GROUND INTO THE CAM. JUST MOVING ONE TOOTH EITHER WAY MAKES THE CHANGES GO TO FAR AND IT WON'T RUN RIGHT IF IT RUNS AT ALL. AS FAR AS RUNNING OUT AT THE FLAGSTAND WELL THATS ALL IN YOUR GEARING, BUT THATS ANOTHER THREAD! LOL THE BEST WAY TO GET A CAM RIGHT IS CALL AND TALK TO ANY OF THE GOOD GRINDERS AND TELL THEM WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND WHAT YOU GOT TO WORK WITH. THE BETTER INFO IN THE BETTER YOUR ENGINE WILL RUN! THESE GUYS [CAM GRINDERS] WANT YOU TO HAVE THE BEST EXPERIENCE WITH THEIR CAMS YOU CAN GET, THEY WILL HELP!
ALWAYS VOTE FOR ED!   FONGS BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!

Offline slideways

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2014, 04:09:24 pm »
Yea i'm only running the legal cam we're allowed to run. We can't alter it or do anything besides shim the valve springs and adjust lash. Stock rockers and pushrods. What i'm trying to do is make a tool to catch the cheaters. Because they are getting past the seals and changing things.
Brian