Author Topic: The List  (Read 1843 times)

Offline WeedWhacker

• View Profile
The List
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:02:21 am »
Getting my list together for parts for my Intek 40 engine....and no first on my list is not a new Kohler/Tecumseh/Honda/Kawasaki/Gerbil engine... :lol: First on my list is 6611-IV ARC Billet Flywheel. I think i have read on here somewhere this flywheel can be used with the stock starter if a nylon/plastic starter gear is used and the starter is shimmed. Has anyone done this succesfully? High compression with this engine will not be a problem  :lol: Also what other parts do i need to get the ignition to fire? Different coil brackets? Also can this flywheel be used on a 44 or 49 Intek with maybe just a hub change? Any answers or advice would be appreciated!!
All i remember was dirt sky dirt sky dirt sky....ambulance :(                                                   Rob

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The List
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 08:59:30 am »
Yes with shimming and getting the engine off of compression stroke the stock starter can be used. Be sure to slot the mounting holes in starter bracket vertically to get as much of the stock gear meshing with the ring gear of flywheel. Stock coils work fine and the the flywheel comes with coil brackets to relocate the coils. The older coils will require the block to be clearance for the coil. The newer coils you have no clearance problems on the block. The flywheel will fit on the 40, 44, and 49 no problems.
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline WeedWhacker

• View Profile
Re: The List
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 10:09:35 am »
And thank you again Frank!
All i remember was dirt sky dirt sky dirt sky....ambulance :(                                                   Rob

anything