Author Topic: billet flywheel question.  (Read 3672 times)

Offline shadetree57

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
billet flywheel question.
« on: May 06, 2014, 04:22:15 pm »
A friend of mine and fellow racer is running a kohler single. What flywheel are you guys running? He ordered one but it didn't come with cooling fins and had to change over the ring gear and magnet. I think he got it from west coast super cub. That may be wrong. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I run Briggs so I'm not much help to him. Thanks guys.

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
Re: billet flywheel question.
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 04:43:00 pm »
If it's a command single, then Midwest Super Cub is the only place I know of making flywheels for them. You have to remove the stock steel ring rear and the magnet and install them on the billet flywheel. It's fairly simple to do.  You can order the flywheel from them with or without the cooling fins.
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline shadetree57

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: billet flywheel question.
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 03:11:37 pm »
Thanks Cromwell. He modified his cooling fins to work but had to balance the flywheel when he added the magnet. Looks like they would balance them for the magnet but I guess some may be running some sort of electronic ignition. I know nothing much about these kohlers.

anything