heymow.com - Lawn Mower Racing Forum
November 23, 2014, 07:19:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Want to Join our site? CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar Staff List Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 20hp OPPY WIRING  (Read 638 times)
boomboom

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2014, 04:29:40 PM »

Ok guys I have a question. I just got my hands on a 20hp Briggs oppy model:461707 0143E1. I have no idea if I have everything I need to wire this.   bash Im searching high and low for a wiring schematic for this thing. My last motor was a briggs 17hp intek so the twin is pretty different. Im looking for a schematic that can show me what I need to run it on my race mower. Minimal as possible of course! ANY help is appreciated. Thanks guys!

Its only cheating if you get caught!
Racer57

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 09:24:27 PM »

Most minimal is to run a wire from the  small tab on the bottom side of the coil to one side of a simple auto motive on off switch( for example I like to use the switch that was for the head lights) then run a wire from the other side of the switch to a ground on the frame( I always bring the wire to the closest motor mount bolt that comes up thru the frame and put a ring terminal on the wire then slide the ring terminal over the bolt then I put a lock nut on the bolt over the ring terminal) this is all the wiring you really need

2013 NNYLMR Mod xr points champion
The Tank
Highly Mowtivated

#44 Tank Racing!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »

http://www.heymow.com/index.php?topic=623.0

Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"
heymow.com - Lawn Mower Racing Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 09:29:12 PM »

boomboom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 08:26:34 AM »

Thanks! Yea my main concern was making sure I had everything electrical for the motor itself. I talked to a few people last night and was amazed at how minimal the electrical was on an oppy compared to a vtwin ( no regulator,  no rectifier etc). I want to say that this forum is the cream of the crop. I have gotten a ton of good info on here!

Its only cheating if you get caught!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: