Author Topic: Tillotsons on a command  (Read 3870 times)

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Tillotsons on a command
« on: January 24, 2014, 07:48:00 pm »
Who is running twin tillys on a command? Looking for a base line for carb size. I am totally unfamiliar with tillotson carbs. Wanted to try them. Thanks for any help
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline FlatheadPuller

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tillotsons on a command
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 06:34:21 pm »
Nobody runs these carbs I guess. Or did I say the dreaded "K" word.
Dennis Bazzett
Grandville Michigan

Offline Cromwell C4

• Turf Warrior
  • Jesus is our savior!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 07:19:15 pm »
We've ran them before. We ran twin HR-181 Tillotsons with custom length intakes designed for our rpm range.  They ran very well and were easy to tune. For pulling you could go with bigger carbs like the HR-196 or a similar sized venturi and shutter sized HR series carb since you guys run at high rpm. Might even try an HD series.
Tyler Cromwell - Cromwell Racing Engines - Specializing in Briggs Vanguard and Kohler Command V-twin engines, and Honda/Clone singles from mild to wild! Built to win, Engineered to last.

-Cromwell Racing engines and parts are home to numerous national championship titles and fastest qualifying times.

-Love God, Love Others -

Offline willenglish

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 08:21:58 pm »
A good set of Mikunis work very well too. 34-36-38 mm seems to be about right..one advantage they have is accelerator pumps....a disadvantage is they are not all position like Tillotsons. I personally believe that they are a bit more tunable to most conditions...but that's just my opinion.
William L. English, jr.

anything