heymow.com - Lawn Mower Racing Forum
August 23, 2014, 12:31:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Want to Join our site? CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar Staff List Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxer briggs, tuned equal length exaust and billet flywheel  (Read 1495 times)
Black Bart

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2013, 08:21:32 AM »

It has been a couple years and racing around here is not coming back so I am selling off all of my stuff. 

I have a boxer engine from our mowerbased on an 18hp, I rebuilt it, using the dvd from a guy, not sure his name now.  drilled lots of holes for oiling, used exhaust valves for intatakes, as I remember intalled valve guides, ground and lapped valves, used the heads he recomended, used pistons with new rings(gapped) broke in hard for good seating.  Used stock cam and did not port motor as we had a stock internal rule.  Motor has a modified stock carb with all choke removed and a primer installed for startup, everything smoothed, added carb venting tube.  Nothing great but better than stock.
100$ for the motor and shipping to you, or come pick it up

ark billet flywheel for the briggs boxer engine, I ran it two races and it has been sitting on the motor other than that.  I spray bombed it flat black so no one would notice.  The paint could be washed off with whip or most any laquer thinner.
new they are 350 and shipping, 250 shipped

from their site

(For the Briggs flathead opposed twin engines models 42 and 46. Like all our billet flywheels, it is SFI certified. It weighs 8 lbs and is stock diameter. Material has been removed from the backside of the flywheel near the rim, reducing rim weight for faster acceleration. It uses the stock coil without the need for any offset coil bracket. You should be able to simply remove your stock flywheel and replace it with this one. When using a straight key, the ignition timing is set at 19 BTDC when the adjustable hub's index mark is set to the negative side of the scale. Each tick mark on the scale toward the positive side is 2, giving you the ability to quickly and easily advance timing. )

I built equal length, mandrel bent exhaust for this.  I will try to upload pictures.  Email me at betheviper1@gmail.com if they don't show up and I can send them from my phone.  I had a company use their program to figure the length of primary pipe to merge, use a 12deg merge.  Also useds a removable tail pipe so the length and size could be adjusted for later to fine tune the motor by checking burn marks.  The pipes a designed for a carb front configuration for the boxer and it exits under the rh foot well just in front of the axle.  a very nice piece other than I did not have a tig welder, it was done with a mig then ground welds outside .  150$ plus shipping

also have a tecumsa v twin, stock other than the govener was unhooked. friend used it in one race.  ran strong,

I also have a nice, raced twice transaxle in another add

I am located in houlton maine,  I have a friend that travels to southern maine every tuesday that if you wanted to meet him could save shipping. 

If you need to contact me, call 207-538-7391

thanks
scott
I also take paypal if that helps

* 2013-11-04 17.37.19.jpg (293.47 KB, 800x480 - viewed 173 times.)

Scott
Black Bart

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 09:26:06 AM »

got my ad put back up, I was shy about my age. 

below is a link to some pictures and an old thread about building the exhaust

http://www.heymow.com/index.php?topic=15013.msg157422#msg157422

Scott
Black Bart

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »

open to offers for any of my stuff before it goes on ebay

Scott
heymow.com - Lawn Mower Racing Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »

ccreech5464

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 08:08:59 AM »

Still have the fly wheel ?

Hope for the best but expect the worst!!

CJ Creech, pipeline welder at selective structure
Philidelphia TN, 37846
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: