Author Topic: newb from central wi looking to build my jd and meet mow racers in my area!!!  (Read 3639 times)

Offline jd111racingnewb

• View Profile
hello mow racers, i have a jd 111 that i have done some work to about four years ago nothing serious though, just simple stuff to make it fast. I changed the pullys put an ungoverned 18hp opposed twin briggs motor in it a gas pedal and welded the diff witch never held very long. me and my friends use to race in my back yard and i always had intentions on building it properly so i could compete around the state. unfourntunitly after having a daughter i put it on the back burner at the time, but now finally im ready to do it right but in need of some help on the specfics seeings how this will be my first true build, ive been doing some homework watching videos and checking out build threads on similar mowers.im just not sure on the specfics like axle lengths gearing etc etc, so im looking for someone who has experience in these areas as well as steering and suspension setups that i could bounce ideas off of and make sure im doing things right so i dont have to do things multiple times. Im a maintanince mechanic so welding and fabracating wont be an issue or getting raw materials for the build. ive decided id like to stay with some kind of a twin engine and run a peerless 700 gearbox or something equivelent that can handle a twin. so if you think you can lend a newb a hand or just some knowledge get a hold of me. thanks to all for reading and to heymow for making a  build for a newb much easier with your bad*** forums!!!!

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
I am not that far from you, I live just north east of Stevens Point. Check out http://www.bsmra2.com/ It has links to our forum and our race schedule on it. Come to a race and check out a whole bunch of them.
Ed King

71.3% of the time, I'm right every time.

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/tawdew

Offline jd111racingnewb

• View Profile
thanks ill check it out

Offline lusty_monkey

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Make 'Em Run Motorsports
I am located in Athens just west of Wausau. You can come check out some of my builds also. Also you can find some more racing at www.wilmra.com.
LUSTY MONKEY RACING
Shannon Kayhart
Prior WILMRA President
WILMRA Head Tech
WILMRA CP Champion 2012
MNLMRA CP Champion 2012

Gotta Go Gotta Go Gotta Go Right NOW

Offline LHoernke

• View Profile
I am located 10 miles north of Marshfield just outside of Spencer.
Lee Hoernke #84

Offline GunSlinginJoe13

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
My brother has a 111 racer.  I hsve a 180 which is the sane.  Where by Racine
Joe Blum
2014 F/X 8th USLMRA 1st WILMRA
2014 A/P 2nd WILMRA

Team
Chris Foreman #7ATE9
Matt Hrupka #0.07

Offline jd111racingnewb

• View Profile
what class do you guys run?

Offline Mudflap

• View Profile
    • WILMRA
GP, SP, CP, BP mostly but others do show up and we just fit them in with one of the other classes.
Mark Kellner #101
2011 SP (WILMRA) Points Champ
2011 IMOW (WILMRA) Points Champ
2011 (WILMRA) Driver Of The Year!!!