Author Topic: transmission type to use  (Read 2037 times)

Offline 2006lbzdmax

• View Profile
transmission type to use
« on: April 14, 2013, 07:53:31 am »
Hey guys I'm currently tareing down a lt1000 craftsman with the 6 spd transmission the shifter is on the right side fender not sure the model of it right now.right now I'm wondering if I should use a peerles 700 tranny or if the tranny I have currently would work good enough?

If you guys recommend the 700 bow would be the best way.to put it in? The tractor has flat platform I guess you could say so I was thinking if I use the 700 I'd prob have to cut the fender to get it to fit. This is my first build I'm gonna do so its gonna take me awhile and asking a lot of questions.I'm going off the uslmra specs I live in southern pa if anyone wants to know. The hardest part I think.for me is understanding how to install the axle if I use the 700 pereless and jus the overall frame build

Offline Darkviper

• Turf Warrior
  • Sponsored by vegascarts
    • View Profile
Re: transmission type to use
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 10:53:35 pm »
Depends what class your running. 700s the best bet and most of use get tranny plate or buy it from steel place because its stronger then the frame. We just weild it in to the frame bolt down tranny to it. E.C sells them or you can make one. Also 700s you got to buy seal for the bottom of the tranny shaft from E.C. Most put the 700s inbetween your legs so you can shift it to take off.
Jonathon Kaup
Sponsored by vegascarts

anything