Author Topic: Hello From Central Missouri  (Read 2194 times)

Offline Chromie

• View Profile
Hello From Central Missouri
« on: April 13, 2013, 08:10:46 pm »
Just wanted to say hello. I'm in the process of building a fun racer for my son. I have no idea how to go about this, but here we are ready to learn the ropes.

Offline LC

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Central Iowa Lawn Mower Racing Association
Re: Hello From Central Missouri
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 11:53:41 pm »
Fun racer? Don't want to rain on your parade but you won't get much advice if you're not building something safe for a sanctioned racing body. Check out some local clubs and do it right. The Iowa USLMRA group will be racing in Marshall, MO at the Saline County Fain on July 13rh, come check it out....
L Curt Hodges
CILMRA #32
http://www.cilmra.com

Offline Chromie

• View Profile
Re: Hello From Central Missouri
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 11:26:23 am »
Here is the deal. There are 5 other kids/Dads in the area that want to race as well. The problem is I've been told that the boys have to be 14 to race. My son will be 13 at the end of May, so we are trying to get a jump on building this thing right, too keep his interest and get some driving under his belt this summer. Then this winter I plan on making the necessary upgrades, get the gear ratio correct, new engine  or what ever else needs to be changed to race. I want to follow the rules of sanctioned racing now, so my efforts go toward the goal, and not a total rebuild this winter.

anything