While tearing my oil pan off to replace a blown sump gasket, I discovered that the epoxy used by someone to seal the oil supply hole in balance shaft journal had come loose!. The epoxy came out as a formed casting to how it hardened, and was not sealing anything at all. This epoxy is subjected not only to heat and thermal expansion (which the epoxy will have a different expansion rate than aluminum or any other material you put it in) but also oil pressure as well. These factors all help to loosen and then remove the epoxy rendering your oil pressure next to nil. After finding this, I pulled the rod and took the crank out, to find the main journals heavily grooved and the rod bearing looking pitted and all in all bad. Luckily I happened to stumble upon this before the engine blew.
The fix, aside from getting another block and crank, is to take the star torx bolt out of the oil supply hole that has been drilled in the block casting for this balance shaft. The thread is 1/4" 28 pitch (fine thread). I took a quality tap (the cheap ones have less thread cutting length on them) and tapped all the way into the journal of the balance shaft. You do not need to tap all the way to the other side, just the side the bolt plug was blocking off. I used threaded rod from fastenal (like $4) and bought some ALL METAL locking nuts. Applying some locktite to the threaded rod, I put it in all the way so that it traveled across the bore into the oil supply side from the upper main, threading it into that untapped hole about 2 or 3 turnes. Then use your nut to lock the threaded rod even more. Be sure to blow out the hole (spraying from the upper crank main) towards the balance shaft to remove the chunks of metal that result as you send the rod into the untapped part of the oil supply hole. This mod is best done with the crank out of the block if you intend on threading the 2 or 3 turns into the untapped side.
Also, the tap will not have enough threaded portion to give you a clean threaded hole all the way through, but the good quality tap will have a nice fluted base that will eat away the threads as it passes further into the block. This is not really what the tap is designed for but actually works out well. I have done this and it seems to work wonderful. Good luck!