Author Topic: Since it seems to have been forgotten.. I am not a moderator  (Read 3116 times)

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
Since it seems to have been forgotten.. I am not a moderator
« on: March 12, 2013, 11:00:55 am »
Hey guys,
Just a reminder, I am no longer a moderator - and haven't been for quite awhile now.
I get requests quite frequently to do "moderator" things...I have no problem referring you to a moderator that can help you out , but your situation would be rectified much quicker if you don't have to wait on me, lol.

What is upsetting me, are the 4 accusations I have received in the last 2 weeks of locking posts or banning people. Proving once again why you should really get your facts straight before you go off half cocked making accusations.

On a totally unrelated subject, if anyone has contact with Mowinmachine - please let him know that the point of my post on his last was to remind him of all the great advice and support he got from all the wonderful heymow members the last time he tried to flake out on us only 5 or 6 short months ago - and being that I am not a moderator, I surely could not have locked his post.
I enjoyed his comments and input on the site, and considered him a "Heymow Buddy" - so yeah my feathers were a bit crushed when he blamed me for ending his time here.
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline Jim Knutson

• Mow-Forum Junkie
  • i didnt break it......i modified it!
    • View Profile
Re: Since it seems to have been forgotten.. I am not a moderator
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 11:14:50 am »
...."before you go off half cocked"............
this coming from Rooster.... :rofl:
If you quit when you're behind, you will never win.

Offline The Tank

• Highly Mowtivated
  • #44 Tank Racing!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:28:41 am »
Yeah yeah yeah you deleted some of my post just last week :D

Naw just thought I'd throw that in so I wouldn't feel left out. Oh well just wing it :thumbsup:
Frank "The Tank" Woods

AKA "The Intek Outlaw"

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 11:31:02 am »
I don't think Rooster ever actually deleted any of my posts....now I feel left out.
Ed King

71.3% of the time, I'm right every time.

/>http://www.youtube.com/user/tawdew

Offline mowinmachine

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 11:57:21 am »
Ok... So I'm going to "break my own rule" and publicly apologize. Not only to Rooster, but the forum as well. Sorry for accusing the wrong person.  So.... Sorry Rooster.  :oops:

But let me set something straight. Before I continue, understand that this is MY opinion and as mentioned in a previously deleted post, this isn't MY forum nor MY rules. So yes, I am well-aware that forums have standards and as a user, we all agreed to that standard and are expected to abide by them.

So now that I've gotten that disclaimer out of the way, I do feel( again, my opinion) that this forum is sometimes overly censored. I have seen what I feel are many posts that were locked, deleted, or otherwise done away with for sometimes what amounts to topics going into the weeds. Now- I can understand if someone comes on here and says they want to turn the family BBQ grill into a racer with a big V8 engine in the back that yeah, that's totally inappropriate. I have no problem with that being moderated. But as far as when posts aren't totally on topic, or even mention something that's been mentioned before, etc etc? Its a forum. Forums are in many ways an extension of how people interact. Maybe its because I'm a Southerner and we LOVE to tell stories.

But as you can tell, this is a pet peeve of mine. Just let it be. Let people post whatever as long as its within spec of being safe and "clean" per the code of conduct in regards to being family friendly and whatnot. Forums are sort of organic and if the posts change from one thing to another or go on for pages anbd pages of nonsense, then good. It builds community.

Before I close, I appreciate the moderators for what they do and no- I wouldn't want their job either because its probably a big pain to have to constantly monitor this site and make sure nothing dumb gets mentioned. That and having to deal with the same questions over and over and over again. So for that I am grateful. I understand that yes- I am being a total hypocrite for making this criticism. This is a sport that outwardly seems ridiculous yet also has the very real potential to be dangerous if someone doesn't know what they're doing or respects aspects of safety. So I can understand why care has to be taken to ensure newcomers and others are made to understand the importance of having respect for what amounts to lawn chairs with engines going around a dirt track at 40MPH.

Anyway, like I said, these are MY opinions. So I've aired them and that's that.
Nip it in the grass!
www.pvmowerracing.com
California mower racing

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 12:27:48 pm »
OK....so we've kissed and made up... :D

I too must apologize, as I said I have had 4 accusations thrown at me recently - and I don't care how even tempered a bird you are, it gets annoying at the least. Yours I guess was just the "over the edge" as the others came from people I expect it from - from you I did not - so I over reacted.
Most of you know me not to wear my feelings on my wing, and I'll be the first to tell someone they are a fool to let someone on a web forum cause them even a minute of grief! Truth is, after awhile Heymow becomes like family, we all have family members that we like and some that we simply cannot stand - and when you have a spat with the ones you like it does upset a guy!

So I apologize for lashing at you Bud

this coming from Rooster.... :rofl:
I do that so much now I don't even catch it - Kiss my Tail feathers, flog off, etc etc - gets me really weird looks from people that call me "Jon" - lol

Tank and Ed - how could you 2 ever feel left out? rofl
Neither one of you even racing mowers anymore and are still Heymow celebrities!

Bert stole my cookies!!

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 12:46:12 pm »
Tank and Ed - how could you 2 ever feel left out? rofl
Neither one of you even racing mowers anymore and are still Heymow celebrities!

What, I still race all the time. I not only break my own stuff, I break Bert's every chance I get too!
Ed King

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 12:52:17 pm »
What, I still race all the time. I not only break my own stuff, I break Bert's every chance I get too!
Oh, wait - so thats what you call those things you keep dragging off the track - RACING mowers? :badgrin: :D

Hook, line and sinker - I Love Heymow
Bert stole my cookies!!

Offline redline

• # I BROKE IT
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 01:12:01 pm »
Ed King

Offline GRUBDIGGER

• Custom Gear Picker
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
JOHN HERRING
ARMA TECH
TRI-STATE RACING MOWER ASSC.
http://wwwtsrm.smfforfree.com/

anything