Author Topic: young gun getting into in help please  (Read 6270 times)

Offline HICKMAN2453

• View Profile
young gun getting into in help please
« on: June 01, 2012, 08:00:27 pm »
hello im keith im 16 and i live in butler pa im really wanting to get into lawn tractor pulling i have a case 446 that im stripping down and turning into a pulling beast im considering putting a susuki gxsr 1000 in it so i have pure power and tourque im not sure if this is the best way to go or if i should spend more money and buy a small desiel motor but im here to ask what your opinion is. if theres anyone in pa that can help me build this beast contact me thanks for all your guys's help ill post pictures when i start stripping it down thanks ps im 16 and paying for this out of my own pocket and want the best for my money thanks  8)http://

Offline Caudy155

• Turf Warrior
  • Chad Caudy
    • View Profile
Re: young gun getting into in help please
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 11:51:18 pm »
Find a club get their rules and make a decision on your classs then... I've seen tractors with bike motors pull... frankly I think its a waste seeing as how the most I have ever seen at one pull was about 3 of them and it was an exibiton (didn't count) I have seen people pulling stock diesels with pumps turned up a little here and there but those little pulls are getting harder and harder to find in this economy at least around me...
There's somethin' in the works...

Offline HICKMAN2453

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 04:35:38 pm »
well the only resson i was gona put a motorcycle motor in it was i think its cheaper or i was gona TOTALY customiz it and strech the frame about 3-4 ft and put a 12 valve cummins in it so i mean i dont know where the local club is ill look it up thanks

-keith jr

Offline blanket80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:03:35 am »
Hi, maybe I can help you. I live about an hour from you, in scottdale pa. There is a good pulling club around here its called equalizer garden tractor pulling. Check out there website. As for your build, if your set on building a tractor with a street bike engine it can be done. If you use a cub cadet chassis you can get a 90 degree gear box to hook it to a cub rear end. Although I must warn you, there aren't many street bike powered tractors around here, so there isn't a class you can pull in. You could build a diesel though. There is a class that with us that runs 3 cylinder kabota, and yammar diesels. Also check out gardentractorpullingtipsandtricks.com. hope I could help.