Author Topic: PEIRLESS TRANSAXLE, 4,5 OR 6 SPEED  (Read 4065 times)

Offline tory

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
PEIRLESS TRANSAXLE, 4,5 OR 6 SPEED
« on: December 17, 2005, 09:21:01 am »
Ive been running a peerless 6 speed transaxle in the sp class, but know have a 4 speed Im going to replace it with and keep the 6 speed as a back up. Can anyone tell me if the final drive ratio is the same in high geer on the 4,5,and 6 speeds? If not ,is 4th geer the same ratio on all three? or where if at all do the come out the same?  Tory

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 11:10:45 am »
Assuming you are running a "locked" rear axel in all these transaxels, your best bet to figure "gearing" would be to to set them on the bench, (or wheels in air) and mark your input pulley and axel..

Then turn the input pulley and count the number of turns to make the axel go round in each gear for each trans axel...

"Final" drives for transaxels will be either 9:1 or 12:1 (sometimes 13:1),
But the individual gears 1-4 or 1-6 can and will vary...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

Offline tory

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 10:44:54 pm »
Yes,  my 6speed trans has a  one piece axle.No the 4 speed does not,as I havent purchased it yet.I can figure out the ratio ,if I had them both here, unfortunity the 6 speeds at the paint shop with the rest of the mower,(getting a fresh new winter coat after last season)and althuogh I know my ratio,moter to tire,I never thought to check axle only,dont want to buy a transaxle if I cant make it work.The point was to have two to swicth back and forth to keep the lube full and fresh.Even if I dont use the higher gears on the six speed. Just want to keep my 7.5 to 1 constant from one to the other.Thanx anyway, guess we'll just have to expirament.TB