Author Topic: Want to start to build  (Read 3964 times)

lkroon

Want to start to build
« on: May 23, 2012, 02:30:10 pm »
I want to start pulling garden tractors in close to stock classes but I dont want to do a full stock straight from factory tractor. Could you help me out? I can use a friends to see if I like but what is the best way to drive it to make it the farthest. Also if I descide to make my own how would I start off building it and what all should I do to be compeditive? Is there a brand model of tractor I should use? What all new parts should I put in? Should I put a new drive train in, engine, tranny? Im just trying to learn so all info would be helpfull. Thanks   :chris:
Also how much should I expect to put into one?

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Re: Want to start to build
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:07:34 pm »
Most "stock" classes arent exactly stock off the lawn if you read the clubs rules...Very few have an "off the lawn" class..

You will need a set of rules from the club you plan on pulling with...Once you read thru it and pick a class the rule book will tell you what you can and cannot do to your tractor...

What I do with mine may not be legal in your group and vice versa...

This site http://gardentractorpullingtips.com/index.htm will give you a good basic build up and when you get more specific questions we can help you here...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A