Want to Join This Forum? Click Here!
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Slight adjustment to plans here...While fireing up Sami's Stage 1 motor it developed a "slight" oil leak... http://www.heymow.com/viewtopic.php?t=593So I pulled it and replaced with my back up IMOW stock motor... A good runing 13.5 hp with the 28R cam, starts great and runs consistant so I wanted to stay with stock carb...Unfortunatly, I can't close the hood with the stock aircleaner so I need to go with the aftermarket filter...Lot of guys asked about the "adaptor" on the stage 1 motor...which was an aluminum velocity stack for a modified carb...This is more of a show than go trick, but the extra air can't hurt...Took a 2 1/2" PVC Pipe cap...Flattened the end to get a good seal...marked and drilled for bolt holes... opened up the carb inlet hole...then tapered and smoothed the inside for flow...A little gasket sealer to seal it up and sand the outside to "rough it up" so the filter sticks..a $1 part and ten minutes with the Dremel and instant Air Filter Adaptor...
Sami put the chassis together and bolted on the fenders, tires and wheels...I did the set up on the axel, chain and brakes...Little tight in there, but all fits and rolls smooth..