Author Topic: There will be no racing in the far nothern part of cal.  (Read 1841 times)

Offline red dog 1

• Wild Woodpecker Racing
    • View Profile
There will be no racing in the far nothern part of cal.
« on: March 02, 2011, 12:57:44 am »
 :(   Yesterday, I talked to the Guy who organized the mower races at the Tehama fair grounds(Red Bluff,ca),for the last 2 years. He works at QRC Outlaw Kart shop.He said That he is too buzy at the shop .There was not enough interest anyhow.The only people from the area  was people he talked too.How ever my GOOD friends From POTTER VALLEY were there in full force.(a Great bunch of Guys and one fast driving GAL).

Today, I got more good news..I talked To the RACE  promoter at the Anderson fairgrounds (Shasta Fairgrounds). Since only 3 mowers showed up last year. There will no mower races This year. He said If I can get a large group committed ,He would consider it if I call him 1st. of Dec.

I am not the type of person to Get things organized .  I have contaced numerous people but no one wants to lawn mower race here.. The closes races are in the Sacramento area.  At 12 mpg  It will be too costley.          I am going too accept defeat and sell my mower..

Ashpalt Karting is very popular up here in Redding.
 :cry:

WES MAHLING -REDDING,CA.
  ARMA MEMBER
  LUCKY #77

Still trying to find people interested in mower racing in Shasta or Tehama county . Nothern cal.

Offline flyinBranch

• AHLMR ACP
  • Turf Warrior
  • AHLMR Local chapter president
    • View Profile
    • American Heartland LawnMower Racers
Re: There will be no racing in the far nothern part of cal.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 09:22:18 am »
keep trying. dont give up yet.
Live like a legend, Ride like a cowboy, Party like a rock star.
Larry Benning #36X

Offline 2budzracing

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: There will be no racing in the far nothern part of cal.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 08:59:12 pm »
Wes,.."no racing in nor-cal" will end soon.I am working on getting guys in your "virgin" territory together but there are few as of now.Yes you may have to travel a good distance now to race and have fun but hang in there ! The Budman cometh
and will hook you up with some mower racers to compete.I agree there is not a whole lot happening there but again, hang in there dude I'm working on it.Why don't you organize a club or group and get the ball rolling like I did in So. Cal., people here had never heard of mower racing and now the interest and enthusiam is growing.FYI there are both ARMA and USLMRA groups in Oregon also......
come to Portland in July and I will give you VIP status... front row in the pits at the Pacific Coast Open :dance:
President of the Anza Mowtivated Hillbillys
President of the PCLMRA (Pacific Coast Lawn Mower Racing Association)
Owner 2 BUDZ RACING #16 #26 #36 #46
West Coast Regional Director USLMRA

anything