heymow.com - Lawn Mower Racing Forum
October 25, 2014, 11:01:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Want to Join our site? CLICK HERE

Home   Help Search Calendar Staff List Links Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Emailed Notifications-Read or risk getting kicked!  (Read 6812 times)
admin
Administrator
Turf Warrior

billetbyarc
View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2010, 05:46:20 PM »

Under everyone's profile, there are "Notifications" and "Personal Messages" options in the left-hand menu.  When you select them, you are given various options to be sent an email by the forum when certain things happen.

IF YOU SELECT ANY OF THESE NOTIFICATIONS, PLEASE BE 100% CERTAIN THAT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS CORRECT IN YOUR PROFILE AND THAT ADMIN@HEYMOW.COM IS NOT BLOCKED BY YOUR EMAIL CARRIER OR CLIENT.

I get entirely too many returned notification emails due to an incorrect address or someone's server blocking emails from heymow.

ALSO, When you get a notification of a private message, DON'T reply to the email!  It comes to me not the person who sent you the PM.  To reply, you need to get on heymow and check your messages.

When any of these issues show up in my inbox, the first thing I do is turn off your notifications.  If you turn it back on and it happens again, I seriously may ban you from the site!  SO EITHER TURN OFF NOTIFICATIONS, OR FIX YOUR INCORRECT EMAIL ADDRESS ISSUES.
admin
Administrator
Turf Warrior

billetbyarc
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 12:41:07 PM »

It appears this bears repeating since some either don't read the notification emails they receive or they don't understand what  "DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL" means.

When you get a notification of a private message, DON'T reply to the email!  It comes to me not the person who sent you the PM.  To reply, you need to get on heymow and check your messages.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: