Author Topic: Briggs Stand on Mower Racing  (Read 27239 times)

Offline jerb

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Re: Briggs Stand on Mower Racing
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 12:27:32 am »
AMEN brother!!!!
Tim Jerby
2010 round 2 monster energy drink mod-x champion
2009 mowfast mod-x champion
2009 mowfast sportsman runner-up
Coming soon...super mod twin!

Offline Mower1

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 12:28:04 am »
Good point Snowman, you know the reason we have all these stupid warnings is because some idiot did it. WARNING Do not operate electric hairdrier while in the shower. Electrical shock may occure. GEE! Do You Think. :bash:

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 02:19:26 am »
Lol...What did I start!
But I must disagree with you guys on one thought.
Mower racing is more dangerouse than Kart, altough it is an assumed risk, it just is!
If you make us join a club to be a member, how many of us, including me, wouldn't be here now?
I've heard STA-BIL get slammed a few times not only on this thread, but alot of places. And don't think I say this because I am affiliated wit th US now, this is the truth...STA-BIL admits that they brought Lawnmower racing to The US for publicity, to promote their product...So what? Monster Energy made it possible for me to Rub Fenders with George & Mike From Tennesee and Rusty from New friggin York! Point is, I really don't care what the motivations are, it's the results I love!

At some point Briggs has to recognize that we are not going away, we are a legitimate motor sport, and lawyers be darned it would be in their best interest to support us. I guess maybe we can posts our vents here, then we should all fill Daves inbox and maybe get them sold on the Idea that supporting Sanctioned Racing would be promoting safety in the sport, they don't even have to provide High performance parts, just some factory support, maybe continue to support the often out of production engines we commonly use!
Old briggs don't die...They go racing!

As a country the US has taken steps to end frivolous law suits, but has not taken it far enough, and the current administration will not help that you can be sure. Everybody knows the common racing waiver signed at outlaw tracks are as much an admission of providing inherent danger as they are a legal safety net, common sense hasn't prevailed in a US court room in decades.

Ok off my soap box back on my perch...I say, you there boy, any cute chicks hanging 'round the barnyard today?
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline jerb

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 02:25:06 am »
again rooster  :thumbsup:
Tim Jerby
2010 round 2 monster energy drink mod-x champion
2009 mowfast mod-x champion
2009 mowfast sportsman runner-up
Coming soon...super mod twin!

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 06:45:09 am »
To many people stuck on stupid, were else on this world do you need a sign to remind people this coffee is HOT.

My point exactly and some fooldropped her coffee in her lap while attempting to drive and drink ans sued McDonalds and won. Now whos darn fault was that. And you want Manufacturers to support us. Their lawyers are shakin in the boots and have good reason in this day and time.

Look at the mess when Earnhardt died, heck he was racing its part of it yet they tried to place blame on Simpson Racing. Hail man ya hit a wall head on with an open face helmet no hans crap happens. You do it long enough and it is possible the bad one will catch ya. The point is Too many people stuck on stupid. Plain and simple build it right by the rules and use it on a controlled track not the streets anything to the contrary you will not get any support here what so ever. We take or sport and the safety of it very serious.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline TeamScoot

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 12:23:47 pm »
My point exactly and some fool dropped her coffee in her lap while attempting to drive and drink ans sued McDonalds and won. Now whos :censored: fault was that.

My roommates father is the lawyer that won that case... so i know most of the facts, and even though the woman was an idiot for dropping the coffee, McDonalds coffee was 10*-20* hotter then the mandated temperature (yes, even that is regulated by somebody lol), not saying she still wouldnt have sued if the coffee had been the mandated temp, but she probably wouldnt have won if was... the fact that she had 2nd and 3rd degree burns between her legs didnt help McDonalds case much either.
Founder of MoKart Industries
Inter Mountain Innovations
67 huffy
MHLMR

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 01:08:40 pm »
Well regardless of facts I feel she it was her darn fault not Mcdonalds. :censored: like that is why the country is in the shape its in now.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline bpmowrsports

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 01:59:44 pm »
Please tell me how her stupidity is McDonald's fault.  We wouldn't have so many stupid law suits if people had to accept responsibility for their own actions.
If you ain't racin' lawn mowers, you ain't racin'

Offline TeamScoot

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 02:24:16 pm »
im not saying that her spilling coffee on herself was McDonalds fault at all but a jury did, but it is their fault that she suffered the type of burns she did.  because our justice system is so retarded, things like this happen and will continue to happen
Founder of MoKart Industries
Inter Mountain Innovations
67 huffy
MHLMR

Offline Old Goat

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Juniata County Outlaws Mower Racing Club
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2009, 02:24:36 pm »
Where was Rooster at when that lady spilled her coffee? He's always lookin for some "hot" chicks!  :rofl:

I think most of the "stupid" people also aren't smart enough to win a law suit. More than likely it's just that we have too many lawyers with nothing any better to do than to take advantage of "stupid" people.

Did you ever notice, the more you get around rich, educated people, the more "stupid" people you see? I used to work in a garage in State College (Penn State) back in my younger days. (And yes they had cars back then, not just horse and buggies)   You cannot believe how many "smart" proffessors and college educated people are "stupid"!!!
Jim Klauss
Boogity Boogity boys, let's go racin'
http://jcomrc.com/

Offline amr5080

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 02:30:53 pm »
Old Goat, I got 3 more weeks at Penn State. I don't there has been too many decreases in the stupidty level of professors.
Aaron Rupert
Rupert Racing
Pro-x #14
Burris Racing Tires
"There are three easy ways of losing money - racing is the quickest, women the most pleasant, and farming the most certain."
Lord Amherst

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 03:32:13 pm »
The point on the Coffee Lady I think is that FDA has a maximum temperature that any hot liquid can be served, and her coffee was a lot hotter. She actually suffered severe burns. The reason she spilled it was it was so hot that it blistered her lip when she took a drink.The media played it off as a frivolous thing. Normally I would to, but I have to agree that you should be able to get a cup of coffee that in't going to send you to the emergency room! I was a shift manager for Sonic when that happened, LOL, I was in an industry training class!
I quit when they started serving grilled chicken.
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline ktownmadness

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 04:06:16 pm »
This freaking country is going lawsuit crazy. I know that Windows can be a pain in the behind when it comes to booting up but seriously folks - suing your employer for that supposed lost time. Have you serious lost what little is obviously left of your brain cells?  Employees are suing over time spent booting their computers. Over the past year several companies, including AT&T, UnitedHealth Group and Cigna Corp, have been sued by employees claiming they lost pay during the 15 to 30 minute task of booting up their computers at the beginning of the day and then logging out at the end of the day.
    Then you have the man who sues the Family of 17 -year boy He Ran Over and killed for the damage that the boy's body did to his Audi. He was speeding at the time, but since the boy was cycling alone at night without reflectors or a helmet, the driver wasn't charged with anything other than being a complete jerk.
    What about the prison inmate who was upset at himself for getting arrested for breaking and entering , so he decided to make himself pay -- by suing himself for $5 million. Stating that he violated his own religious beliefs by committing the crime, he sought payment for a civil rights offense. Of course, since he didn't have $5 million to pay himself, he asked that the state pay on his behalf.
    You also have an owner of a ritzy antiques store who sued four homeless people who congregate in front of his shop because they scare off potential customers. The amount of the suit: $1 million, payable apparently in shopping carts full of aluminum cans.

We could go on and on with this but I think snow man said it best, " to many people stuck on stupid".

Jerry Nelson
Knoxville, TN

Offline rotten ron

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 05:04:28 pm »
I quit when they started serving grilled chicken. That is funny

Offline mowinmachine

• Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2009, 05:07:54 pm »
The problem is more about national mentality. Perfect examples: Ever see old lawn mowers from the 40's and 50's? I remember having an Uncle with an old 50's Gravely walk behind bush mower. HALF of the front blade was totally exposed! You could've easily chopped someone's legs off with this thing just walking into them. You would THINK that people would have been killing themselves left and right with such machines. Yet the rate of mower related accidents was far less then than it is today with all the crazy safety devices like the seat and blade safety switches they now have.

Another example: Early 20th century American industrial plants. Look at the pictures back then. NONE of the machines have any guards. There was nothing stopping a worker from chopping their hands or legs off. Yet again- accidents back then were rare.

One more example: Parents that buy huge and tall SUVs because they think they're "safe" when in fact they tip over easier. Because they think they are safer, they drive them more recklessly.

So the bottom line is that even though things have gotten safer, people are hurting themselves more, and usually because they lack the respect for danger.
Old Goat: I think the term that describes rich people with lots of money is: "Lack of common sense"

See, from what I've observed is that there are significant numbers of people who might be able to explain string theory and make boatloads of money, but lack common sense for everyday living.
Nip it in the grass!
www.pvmowerracing.com
California mower racing