OK 69 days and counting, time to start making those plans, for the greatest event in the country. Your DAYTONA of mower racing. It don't get no better than this one. We try hard to make this an event you will never forget. Racers from all across the US Canada and even Australia have been in attendance. We hold the record for largest record of mowers at any event in the US. Anyone regardless of where ya from and what group ya with this event is for YOU the racers. Dont miss out.
In an effort and always striving to make this event better, safer, and a good clean racing event we have comprised some GENERAL event and on track rules that are specific to this event. That being said these are the general rules for the 2015 AAMC which will be passed out to each driver at registration and driver will sign for them. More rules and class guidelines are at www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
1. Alcohol beverages during active track time , drugs, explosives, or fire arms at any time are not allowed on premises at any AAMC event. Any person exhibiting intoxication shall be escorted from the track & will be subject to penalty, barring, fined or jailed.
2. All drivers, mechanics, owners & anyone else will sign insurance release and purchase a pit passes before unloading. Parents must sign a waiver for anyone under the age of 18.
3. Any persons who enters the pit area, agrees to abide by the rules & regulations of AAMC.
4. Anyone failing to abide to the track rules, unsportsmanlike conduct, or holding up the race event for any reason will cause the mower he is involved with to be penalized, barred, or disqualified.
5. No driver, mower owner, or crew member shall have any claims for damages, expenses, or otherwise against the track its owners or AAMC officials.
6. All drivers under the age of 18 must have a minors release signed by legal guardian. You can do this at the register table.
7. No one on the track unless instructed by the pit steward to do so. You will cause your mower to be disqualified.
8. Any one that touches a mower except driver under caution unless instructed to do so by the pit steward will be put to the rear. No mower shall stop on the track for any type of repair without being instructed to do so by pit officials.
10. A mower cannot leave grounds until 20 minutes after its feature race.
11. No 2-way radios will be allowed. (No transmitting or listening devices on a mower). 12. In cause of inclement weather, and a track decision on whether the race will be finished or called a night’s race. Finish order will be awarded to the classes that have run if any have not order will be determined by qualifing.
13. If a mower is found to be illegal, or disqualified the driver will not receive any position or award for event.
14. All mowers must teched before going on track.
15. All mowers must be numbered on each side 5” minimum of contrasting color of mower.
16. AAMC will not tolerate any type of fighting, harassment; male or female. If you start it & throw a punch you will be fined, barred, or jailed. No exceptions will be made regardless the cause.
17. Mowers that run must have fire extinguisher in pits, and proper battery installation or will be disqualified.
18. No person is allowed in or near the flag stand at any time, except scorers For any reason, so do not go to flag stand with problems; go to the pit steward after all races are completed.
20. All mowers must pack track when needed or start on rear. (Only when needed).
21. All lead weights must be painted the color white & have drivers name or initial engraved in the lead.
GENERAL RACE PROCEDURES
1. All races will start when the two front drivers are square on the straight when the green flag drops not before. If anyone jumps the start 1st time he will be rolled back to the rear of the field those behind him will move up. No criss-crossing. Two tries and then we will go to a single file start. Each mower must hold its position until the flag drops. The completion of the first lap will be when the lead mower crosses the start/finish line. On start of race if inside or outside or poll mowers, spin on their own and causes a caution flag to be thrown then that mower rolls back to the rear of pack. Any mower on start of race or during race that causes a caution will go to the rear of field.
2. Anyone leaving the track surface will go to the rear. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. Restarts will be at the flagger’s discretion in single file coming off of turn 4. No passing until after passing the cone on front straight away. IF YOU PASS BEFORE THE FLAG IS DROPPED YOU WILL BE PUT TO THE REAR AT THE NEXT CAUTION OR SCORED LAST AT THE END WHICH EVER COMES FIRST.
4. Any mower that does not maintain starting formation will go to rear.
5. Any mower that draws 2 CAUTIONS in any race for any reason will have to take it to the pits.
6. Anyone stopping to argue with officials will be blacked flagged and sent to the pits.
7. Maximum mower field is 18 unless approved by track official.
8. No one from pits on track surface at any time unless instructed to do so by the pit steward. (Red flag or caution)
9. No mower repairs of any kind on the track. Do not stop on apron without being instructed to do so by track officials. Go to infield or pits for repairs.
10. All lapped mowers will start in their relative position even if its between first and second place on all restarts.
11. Move over flag means to hold a straight line as to where you are and do not try to run with the leaders that are lapping you. Holding your line means not up or down the track just simply a straight controlled line. If you hold up the lead pack you will be charged with a caution and scored a lap down. Make it easy on yourself and hold a straight line.
12. The completion of a lap is when everyone crosses the start/finish line. Should a caution occur everyone will go back to the last green lap.
13. A black flag will be given if there appears to be a problem with your mower. If you get the flag, go to the pits.
14. If you are disqualified for any reason you will get no finish position or awards for event.
15. If you spin another mower you will be charged with a caution and will go to the rear. TWO AND YOUR GONE!
16. Drivers will line up mowers immediately upon request. If not you will lose your starting position. 17. No laps will be scored that are run in the infield. You will not be scored if you cross outside the scoring loop.
18. Once the leader takes the white flag, and you spin a mower on the last lap you will be scored last on the lead lap, and the mower that did spin will be scored where he was running. If there is danger to a driver, or track is completely blocked and its red flagged, it will be track officials decision to restart the race or score the race on the last completed lap. TRACK OFFICIALS DECISION WILL BE FINAL!
19. If a mower has his nose up to driver’s door, then he has the right to his lane. NO CUTTING DOWN OR UP! This is driver courtesy. If you get there don’t always assume the other driver sees you. Make your decisions wisely. Understand if it goes wrong Officials cannot see every instance and the call the officials make will be final.
20. Heat race starting positions will be determined by qualifying times. Qualifying is determined by timed practice and features will be determined by finish of heats. 21. Pump gas only or racing alcohol only, No additives of any kind. No nitrous oxide in any class.
22. All mowers are subject to inspection at any time by track officials.
23. Fast time-chooses inside or outside poll. (Mowers that time trial)
24. Drivers can not change mowers during any race once started.