6 May 2015
Subject: Amendment/Change to the 2015 Rule Book
1. After ongoing discussion with the National Chief Steward Rich Webb and having spoken to several Drivers last season and at Avon Park, Charlottes Motor Speedway and Atlanta race this year it has been agreed upon to make the following changes to the 2015 Rule Book effective on this date 5 May 2015.
2. Due the increased speeds that today's race mowers are achieving it has been decided to change the 2015 rule book to allow all “Prepared Class Mowers and the FX Class” to have Side Bars commonly known as Nerf Bars mounted on the running boards as long as they meet the set dimensions noted below. Note that sheet metal/aluminum will be used to cover the side for added protection if they are used on these mowers.
(Image in attachment)
3. Additionally “Prepared Class” Mowers with Horizontal Engines that were factory built with such will be permitted to have driveshaft’s as long as the Mower has an operational Clutch, however the drive shaft will go to a shift able transmission and the transmission will connect to the rear axle by either Chain or belt.
4. In the FXT Class Driveshaft’s will be permitted as long as the driveshaft connects to a gear box. At no time will the driveshaft be connected directly to the rear axle.
5. As stated previously these changes take effect immediately and will be included in to the 2016 rule book
6. Questions can be directed to Manny Torres @ email@example.com or the National Chief Steward Rich Webb.