Author Topic: It isnt a mower but its the next best thing  (Read 5377 times)

Offline Markyk49

• View Profile
It isnt a mower but its the next best thing
« on: July 20, 2006, 08:55:30 pm »
This is my barstool ive been working on for the past couple weeks post what you think bout it :) :) Since it is finally done :D :P  

arky Krzywinski
Tecumseh, Ontario
Modified #71
Racing for SOLTRA
Markyk49@hotmail.com

Offline mowdak1

• Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
    • North Dakota Lawn Mower Racing Association
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 10:18:46 pm »
Have plans to build one of those as well, except I'm replacing the barstool with a beehive. Day job during the summer is working in the family bee business, and I thought it'd be cool to build one up with a bee hive for the local parades. Nephew that I work for was out to his dad's and he was going to throw away his old roto-tiller with 5 hp Briggs on it and he tossed it in the truck and brought it to work. Asked me if I wanted anything off of it...  :shock:  Oh Yeah!! There's our engine for our beehive man!! I been trying to find one of those cheap on E-Bay!

Offline Markyk49

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 10:58:06 pm »
yup actually i recieved that engine for an extremely low price of 0$ as my dad went to a place to fix presses and they build mowers and snowblwoers there so he brought me back an engien and i traded that in for a go kart engine which is on it now so i lucket otu big time there :)
arky Krzywinski
Tecumseh, Ontario
Modified #71
Racing for SOLTRA
Markyk49@hotmail.com

Offline SilentNoise

• View Profile
    • http://www.silentnoise.ca
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 12:33:25 pm »
Seen these things around for a long time now. Yours came out pretty sweet.

I so need to learn to weld.

Offline fox_racin4

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 04:38:56 pm »
i learned to weld in school and we only were able to use arc unless we couldent get in wit the rod so we used mig

i used it once in school and then asked for 1 for xmas and got it and now i can weld pertty good  thinking of some kind of cearer wit welding
#4 super modified
SOLTRA

Offline Markyk49

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:32:21 pm »
I learned how to weld through my dad hes been welding all his life, and he has teached me in the garage how to weld and certain styles of welding for certain types of metals and gaps. And now i know how to weld so when i lay a bead then i lay a bead still nothing compared to the dads but its a working progress
arky Krzywinski
Tecumseh, Ontario
Modified #71
Racing for SOLTRA
Markyk49@hotmail.com

Offline SilentNoise

• View Profile
    • http://www.silentnoise.ca
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 03:02:20 am »
Ya, my uncle teaches welding at a high school, but he's one of those uncles that you see every couple of years when a wedding or something like that happens. If I knew him better, I'd ask him to throw me a few pointers, but whatever.

The last time I saw him, he basicly just said that the best thing to do is to pick up a book, my own mig and just play around, but seening as how I'm not a reader by any means, that kind of theory doesn't do anything to me - it'll just be flipped through and forgotten. Funny enough though, I've actually learned a lot about welding from TV (Monster Garage, American Chopper and American Hot Rod mainly) that I've actually been told I have a good handle on what I should be doing.... LOL. Now it's just a matter of saving up to buy a decent mig so I can get some hands-on experience.

(it sounds like Tom Cruise's line in Days of Thunder when he says that he's watched NASCAR on ESPN, hey? LOL)