Author Topic: Blower............  (Read 36490 times)

Offline nor66

• Highly Mowtivated
  • Ron Leavitt
    • View Profile
Blower............
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2006, 07:57:42 pm »
Oh yea George will prolly get on you for the lack of long sleeves and gloves in the pics, but really cool looking mower! :P
Ron Leavitt #2 1/2
IF IT IS DIFFICULT... We can do it!!!
IF IT IS IMPOSSIBLE... It just takes us longer!!!!

mower racing

Blower............
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2006, 09:52:06 pm »
You my have too come down and watch. you never know until you see them run. :)

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
Blower............
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2006, 10:31:20 pm »
Ok here goes.... is the thought of accidents not on you guys minds. No long sleeves or gloves, driving with one hand, nothing between you and the catch fence, tires on the inside oh but they may not be that big of issue with those cattle gaurds on the front. LOL SAFETY always think of what can we do to make it safer..... My thoughts would be cones on the inside you hit you go to the rear, much sofeter when hitting them out of control. And hit that chain link fence won't be very pretty either. Not to mention what it would do to those exposed fleshy areas. At least you do wear neck braces. Good looking track surface. Race hard and safe.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline 625Gator

• View Profile
Safety:
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2006, 11:00:51 pm »
Well if you look there's tirers out lining the bottom of the fence and foam boxes. yes I have bit the DIRT befor with long sleeves and gloves and got riped up. And that RACING. OUTLAW RACING.............  :twisted:  
We do have rules but not as sticted as your's. :)

Offline 625Gator

• View Profile
Talking Of Safety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2006, 11:42:16 pm »
I was looking at the Topic Dave Hertel Memorial and I see alot of unsafe things there. First no bumpers , Second no nerf bars. Third flat track no enbankments.
Looks like we are even on safety. LOL... :wink:

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Blower............
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2006, 07:09:03 am »
Well Bumpers breed bumping so unless our equipment came with a bumper we are not allowed to use them, our tracks are designed with controlling mower speed in mind thus flat. High banks mean higher speeds, thus when you hit the ground more pain, and we do not allow nerf bars for the same reasons that breeds bumping. You build a full ramming machine you ram when you race, we don't race that way at all. And tires not only tear equipment up when you hit them they tend to make the wreck much worse, now the foam boxes good idea soft wall so to speak. Just gave my opinions don't take it so personal. Safety is number one, but as you said OUTLAW racing is what it is. Thats what it is. Enjoy and be as safe as possible. And no I don't think its even by no means. It was more just observation I wasn't critizing. I want you and everyone else around for another race day.
George Herrin #6
Retired from BP

Offline 625Gator

• View Profile
Bumping..........
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2006, 06:43:33 pm »
Bumping and Framing: If intentional bumping occurs during a race  Black flag will thrown and that driver will be disquahfied. bumper are for our Safety.yes our mower are fast. 55 to 60 mph.one slip up and you are done!! so George do want too race. so come on down too race with us.

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Blower............
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2006, 09:32:20 pm »
Nah don't reckon I could hang with yall!!!! Besides I have too many races here and Nationally of my own.
George Herrin #6
Retired from BP

Offline 625Gator

• View Profile
Bumping
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2006, 10:02:20 pm »
You will never know to you try. Come on down and just watch if not run . We aint noning but a bunch of good old boys. We would love to know what you think. :wink:

rainmaker

Blower............
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2006, 01:55:02 am »
how many mowers run in your race?

Offline 625Gator

• View Profile
how many..
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2006, 12:33:09 pm »
We have 6 mower in each class.  If there is to many mower a heat race.there is 5 class.

Offline tory

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Blower............
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2006, 08:13:20 pm »
gator,had asked earlier what is "THE"blower,not what is "A" blower,still looking for the answer.Goerge I agree with you 95% on safety and see know good use for front bumpers and nerf bars ,but rear bumpers had proved to be the safer way to go by us.We dont bump on purpess,but accidents happen and an open wheel can through a mower a long way.The track I raced previuos to this year had invited some MLMRA guys out for a day of fun.Not being familier with the track,a couple of them where driving a bit to squimishly and checked up a lot faster than the rest of the field,making an exception to the bumper rule for them,they didnt have one and the poor sap behind them went for a long flight with a lead plane.Luckily know one was hurt.And to this day those boys can't agree on who they want to blame.But you will never convince me differant that if he had had a rear bumper compling to are rules it would have been a non-issue.Like I said,accidants happen and nun of us want to smuck the front of are mowers up anyway.Now give me one of those big ram bars and thats a whole nother story :wink: at least with just a rear bumper,the only guy feeling the pain is the bumper,not the bumpy

Offline 625Gator

• View Profile
Blower?
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2006, 10:55:04 pm »
A supercharger (also know as a blower) what it does is compressor air and force air into the combustion chamber. The cam  has a smaller lobe. which makes the value  stay open shorter then a regural engine would.
I came up with this myself. Its a little hard to explain. This is the best I can do. What else can I tell you?

Anonymous

Blower............
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2006, 05:49:08 pm »
I haven't seen that many down there running since I used to run there 2 years ago. The picture of two were the only 2 running that day. I seem to remember a couple of one cyl. mowers running with the "best" 2 cyl. down there......

Butcher.

Offline tory

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Blower............
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2006, 07:23:31 pm »
Gator         what is "THE" blower not what is "A" blower. as in who manufactored it,who sells it, what did you take it off or what did you make it out of?

anything