Author Topic: info on transaxle  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Tonyrobe

• View Profile
info on transaxle
« on: January 30, 2009, 02:06:04 am »
just wanting to know what kind of transaxle i have, its on a 1967 penncraft premium its a side shaft style 3 speed with rev, mtd made my penncraft and my mower looks just like the mid to upper 1960s mtd 700,  all i see on the transaxle is # 1205-014011,  need to know what kind it is, and then i will ask more ? later, thanks
Tony Roberson

Offline AcreFarm04

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: info on transaxle
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:42:44 pm »
Do you have a pic?   If it is a Peerless, the 1200 series is a cast iron LT transaxle.    Nice for mowing, Too heavy for racing

Offline Tonyrobe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 02:09:32 am »
 a few people in other groups said they all think its a peerless 1200,  has any body try 2 race with it, im going 2 try, and how would i make it in to a posi rearend,  and are the gears in them strong e nuff 2 keep in the transaxle or should i change them, im will be running a 18 hp vangaurd so what pulleys should i use, one guy told me run a 6 on the engine and a 4 on the transaxle, so if anyone can help thank u, thanks Tony.... 8)
Tony Roberson

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 01:51:49 pm »
Don't use it, it is not a racing piece, there are many better transaxles than that one to use. Not just a little bit better, alot better.
Transaxles are really easy to find, it would be a waste of time to even clean the grease off of that thing let alonee trying to build a racer with it.
Nobody that does any good racing will be able to give you good advice on that transaxle, because nobody that does any good would even dream of using it!
I have 4 of them better than that I would give you........get the point yet? It is that bad!

There is an entire section devoted to trannys, check it out and I'm sure in no time you'll have a much better piece.
Good luck with the build.
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com