Author Topic: Opposed twin high compression works Phenominal!!  (Read 5011 times)

Offline jake318

• View Profile
Opposed twin high compression works Phenominal!!
« on: January 14, 2009, 01:39:28 am »
 Guys I said I would keep you posted .  Put in the Ross high compression pistons(650$) and it worked BETTER than expected .  No fueling problems ect .  Went with the 14 short stroke engine ( have to get back to ou on RPMs ) Off the corners was pulling away from the Vanguard engines ( yes they have cams ect ) Only 1 OHV engine matched us and we havnt got  the front end parts hooked up yet ( have full suspention from Acme mower) only rear . he could out handle us  so the jury isn out yet on that either .    We had to run octane booster ( this is outlaw mower )But yes  high compession pistons DO work well on a flathead ( looks like a flathead piston with a tounge ) Im sure compression would work WONDERS on an OHV engine . Ps im not a  16 yr old kid  blowing smoke up your behind . if I get the time ( tax season ) and can get computer to post pics i;ll throw a few up Jake... Ps Flathead puller thanks again for the info on the rods  im sure it would have snapped one without your info Jake

Offline jake318

• View Profile
Re: Opposed twin high compression works Phenominal!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 12:55:52 pm »
Guy one we do need ... because of the high compression do you know of anyone who makes a high output starter?  or at least a metal gear for the starter for opposed . Thanks Jake

Offline stubbysteve

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 01:42:59 am »
you dont want a metal gear on alumin flywheel gears, you will chew them off. It has been said before, but try as you may.
" I want to be a player on the field, not just a "bench warmer" for the rest of my life"...

Offline jake318

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:18:13 am »
 Stubby I was thinking of that possibility. But if it makes it through the season, I would just order anouther flywheel Jake

anything