Author Topic: Cam Blanks For Kohler K-Series Engines  (Read 6221 times)

Offline outlawmower

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Cam Blanks For Kohler K-Series Engines
« on: January 07, 2009, 03:25:18 pm »
A bit of info for guys out there running Kohler K-series blocks...

A company called Delta Cams will grind cam blanks like the one pictured below for $65! This beats EVERYONES prices!

Heres there information-

http://www.deltacam.com/

Also you have to provide your own profile to be ground on the cam... Just a heads up!

Outlaw
PUT YOUR GAME FACE ON!!!

Offline Big daddy

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Cam Blanks For Kohler K-Series Engines
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 04:30:25 pm »
Thats half the battle isn't it?  Do they heat treat the lobes and grind the points lobe on the cam?
Just so you know the one pictured is one from midwest supercub. If you use these then you have to modify your block on the points end and have to buy a points bracket to fit on the PTO end of the block.
One of many reasons I use Vogel's cams, cams made for stock stroke motors fit right in with no block modifications.
Bruce Litton

Offline outlawmower

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 04:59:45 pm »
HuH? Didn't know that you have to modify for this cam to fit? And yes they heat treat the lobes. Anyway When you mean a point bracket are you reffering to a ignition system like this-

Outlaw
PUT YOUR GAME FACE ON!!!

Offline Big daddy

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 07:31:17 am »
No, that ignition system is not necessary. There is a points bracket that mounts onto the PTO side of the block to accomodate the repositioning of the points for that style of cam. The point lobe section of that cam is outside of the block. If you look on MSC's website you will find it. I have seen a few crank triggers in use in big time garden tractor pulling but most of them use the old style with points/condensers. When using the Bosch "blue" coil you will not need the ignition resistor because it is a 12 volt coil.
Bruce Litton

Offline outlawmower

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 08:17:48 am »
O yeah!! Duh!

I know what you are talking about now! The round plate one...

I guess I never thought about that before...But one thing how do you install and use that system? I never run it but have seen it run. I have alwasy used the Crank Trigger Ignition or the points brackets.

Outlaw
PUT YOUR GAME FACE ON!!!

Offline Big daddy

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 07:28:16 am »
It is just a flat round plate that uses two screws to mount to that side of the block. The cam section goes through the center of it. The points screw onto the plate and there is a slot for the mount screws so that the points plate can adjust radially to adjust the ignition timing of your engine.
Bruce Litton

anything