Author Topic: Sears SS12 Tractor with Hi-Lo transmission  (Read 7724 times)

Offline Kutt_N_Dgrass81

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Sears SS12 Tractor with Hi-Lo transmission
« on: December 20, 2008, 10:28:55 pm »
I was wanting to know if this style of tractor is the kind used in tractor pulling?

This Is a Sears SS12 with the Tecumseh 12 h.p. cast iron block engine. It is a side shaft motor. The motor turns freely by hand  s and sounds like it has good compression . It has a Hi lo range transmission, and the rear wheels are a five-lug design. the I.D. plate on the frame is very rusted so I can not make out the serial numbers. I am guessing this unit was made around 1967-69 ?? Not sure. The frame on this unit is thick steel. The grille is busted where it mounts to frame. If This is a unit that can be used for pulling , please let me know. I may put a post in the for sale section if it is a tractor sthat someone coul use.  Thanks.
Roy
 TN

Offline outlawmower

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Sears SS12 Tractor with Hi-Lo transmission
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 08:43:11 am »
These kind of tractors are great for pulling! The only thinkg I would change would be the motor. Reason being because you can not any performance parts for them when needed unlike the kohlers everything is already made for them.

Another plus you have there is the HI-LOW transmission. Most of the guys in our club are just running high but just depends on you club rules.

Make sure you find ya a local club and pick up their rules if this is what you are wanting to do. Here are some pictures of guys in our club running sears-

Outlaw
PUT YOUR GAME FACE ON!!!

Offline OpposedPanzer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 10:16:23 pm »
Going to be a NICE Puller :twothumbsup:
Casey

Offline Kutt_N_Dgrass81

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 12:10:56 am »
Thanks for the input.  I got this from a gentleman at church that was the original owner, but I don't really want to build a pulling tractor. I have listed this for sale in the sale section :

http://www.heymow.com/index.php?topic=8887.msg95874#msg95874

I listed it as asking 75.00 but will consider all offers.Just send me a PM and I will give anyone interested my # so we can talk details. I am located in Northwest Tennessee on the Kentucky/ TN state line.
Roy
 TN

anything