Author Topic: ARC Billet Flywheel for 8 & 10 hp Tec.  (Read 12335 times)

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
ARC Billet Flywheel for 8 & 10 hp Tec.
« on: November 03, 2005, 07:35:04 am »
ARC Billet Flywheel for 8 & 10 hp Tec.
Post by Tom on Jun 1, 2005, 1:38pm

We now have Billet Aluminum Flywheels with bolt-on starter gears for the 8hp & 10hp Tecumseh Formula engines. These flywheels are smaller than stock diameter, and are designed to use a Briggs & Stratton 5hp flathead coil (#555075). We also have a billet coil bracket to adapt the coil. I am updating the website today and tomorrow, but the pictures shown are similar enough to give you an idea.

www.arcracing.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: ARC Billet Flywheel for 8 & 10 hp Tec.
Post by jjwitt on Aug 4, 2005, 5:35pm

Actualy, all of the 195s I've ever seen use the small wristpin. Also the Star pistons and rods use it. Souds like the only ones that will be able to use it are the guys running stock 22 cu in pistons.
Jim

Sorry, I put this in the wrong spot, should in the one about the rods.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post by George Herrin on Aug 4, 2005, 9:02pm

Jim I am so glad youi are on here. Glad you cleared that up. So to clear my self up it is the tvm 220 That has the larger wrist pin or the tvm 195. We have several at the shop and we have apparently confused ourselves as to which is which. So to better accomodate the racers do you think the rod should have the smaller pin!!!!
George
Post by jjwitt on Aug 5, 2005, 5:05am

George I think the best thing would be to offer both. As it is anyone running a 195 engine would have to build another engine using a 10 hp block also anyone using a Star piston would have to change to a stock piston. As far as I know there are no pistons for the 195 bore that use the large pin but you can get a 22 cu in piston that uses the small pin.
Jim
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!