Author Topic: CV 12.5 valve height help  (Read 5527 times)

Offline bimmerbaz

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
CV 12.5 valve height help
« on: November 23, 2008, 03:32:37 am »
Hi Guys,

I am currently rebuilding a kohler motor to try in my mower. I have cut the seats and valves which has changed the valve height to the point that i think its to high . When i try to install the rockers i have to compress the valve too much to get the push rod in. I have looked in the manual but cant seem to find a valve height. Can any  one help me with this?. By the way it has lash adjusters and not adjustable tappets.

Cheers 8)
Go Hard or Go home!

Offline rotten ron

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CV 12.5 valve height help
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 12:35:22 am »
Maybe you could find some heads that have not been worked on yet and measure how far the valves are sticking out

Offline bimmerbaz

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 03:37:02 am »
I ended up having to grind the top of the valves and space the rocker shaft holder, that gave me enough movement for the lifter to have a small amount of movement and not hold the valve open. I used some engine start and put the egine on the stand then it fired up.Need to sort out exhaust before i can run for very long.Seems to work so far.
Go Hard or Go home!

Offline rotten ron

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 04:45:43 pm »
You could have used shorter push rods too

Offline mtdracr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 02:21:08 am »
hey barry so i see you wanted to move up to the ohvs now lol.. will you have it sorted by the 4th in te aroha? il c u there with my v-twin

Offline bimmerbaz

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 03:58:26 am »
I dont want to move up but as i am the only one running a flathead i feel somewhat underpowered. I know that the kholer is not much more but at least its free. Looking forward to Te Aroha, need to find out the address.Have got the motor running now seem to have got the valve heights right, working on the carb and exhaust now. 8)
Go Hard or Go home!

anything