Author Topic: my chopper trike john deere  (Read 9125 times)

choppertrikemower

my chopper trike john deere
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:24:57 pm »
hey yall just wanted to show yall a pic of my chopper trike.  it has a suzuki front end a briggs 6.5 horse, 5 speed foote model 2600 tranny that I need a new one of cause I just broke mine so help me out.lol.. I drove it for the first time 3 days ago and it went about 5 mph because the gears were 5in on the back and 2.5in on the front.  I figured it would be like a dirtbike.  Well I ended up going with a 6in. up front and a 2in. in the back and it took off fast but broke 2 teeth in the tranny.  So what do yall recomend for pulleys and does anyone have a foote model 2600 5 speed for sale.  Thanks yall and let me know what you think

Offline schevy037

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: my chopper trike john deere
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:05:09 am »
that will be cool when finished . I was thinking of something like that .
Rick Stohecker , opposed twin champ 2 years running .  River Rats LMRA . Northern Illinios

Offline ZZ Mowrider

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 09:35:33 am »
hey yall just wanted to show yall a pic of my chopper trike.  it has a suzuki front end a briggs 6.5 horse, 5 speed foote model 2600 tranny that I need a new one of cause I just broke mine so help me out.lol.. I drove it for the first time 3 days ago and it went about 5 mph because the gears were 5in on the back and 2.5in on the front.  I figured it would be like a dirtbike.  Well I ended up going with a 6in. up front and a 2in. in the back and it took off fast but broke 2 teeth in the tranny.  So what do yall recomend for pulleys and does anyone have a foote model 2600 5 speed for sale.  Thanks yall and let me know what you think
this is 1 i made about 2 years ago, It started out to be for my handicapped wife till she how many CC's it was 656cc B&S 16hp opposed twin, i modifided a comet tourque inverter to make it work, it came with a 12 tooth sprocket on the output on the clutch, changed it to a 36 tooth and then i put a 15 tooth on the tranny, but I flipped the tranny upside down to put the imput shaft underneath, hope this works for ya, mine was clocked at 68mph in 2nd gear, thats with the larger motor.

choppertrikemower

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 06:58:59 pm »
Thanks guys for the response... I put the picture up with it complete the other one was when it was starting. Can I put better valve springs in it to make the motor more reliable or should I go with a whole new motor for speed.  Thanks agan

Offline Rooster

• Global Pot Stirrer
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • Winning is always fair!!
    • View Profile
    • Cut Loose Racing
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 09:49:28 am »
This thing gettin anywhere?
Bert stole my cookies!!
 I think he used them to bribe Ed into something naughty?

http://www.cutlooseracing.com

Offline spuljack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 11:47:24 pm »
that thing is sweet!!!!
loggers jubilee, here i come!!!! -James Sjoblom

Claude

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 05:09:12 pm »
these are so cool! good job guys

anything