Author Topic: test and tune track in Michigan  (Read 6849 times)

Offline Tophat

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
test and tune track in Michigan
« on: November 10, 2008, 12:44:38 pm »
Gentlemen I race with the Maple Rapids Grasskickers here in Michigan. (www.mrgrasskickers.com) I built a copy of their track on my property for test and tune purposes. I have had a few different clubs over to take a look at the track and the reaction was mostly positive. If there is enough interest, I have spoken to a gentlemen about becoming an uslmra affiliated track and putting on some EARLY season test and tune events. Those of you who are interested and would like to be on an email list please send me a pm or email me at phipolite@juno.com. If we get enough interest I will start planning such an event. Just make sure your tractor will meet basic safety rules such as working brakes, tetherd kill switch, helmet and such. Thanks to all of you folks on this forum that helped with the insurance questions I had earlier and to those of you who have stopped out and gave me your opinions on the track. Sorry forgot to tell you were the track is located. I am in Eagle which is 10 minutes northwest of Lansing just off I-96
Owner of Hipolite mower speedway. 1st USLMRA affiliated track. President of the Sod Shark Racing Club in Clarksville Mi. Where the BIG dogs Run!

Offline mrmowitall

• Global Moderator
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.letsmow.com
Re: test and tune track in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:28:33 pm »
Hello Patrick: 

Good to hear you are moving forward as we have been discussing.  Lots happening in Michigan with the Michigan LMRA Local Chapter and two Affiliated Clubs:  Roughriders and Mid Michigan Outlaws. 

I trust HeyMow readers in Michigan would welcome another track for test and tune, fully insured and under the USLMRA umbrella via our Affiliated Club program. 
Bruce Kaufman
Mr. Mow It All
Founder & Past President
U.S. Lawn Mower Racing Association
Founded April 1, 1992

LetsMow.com
facebook.com/USLMRA

Wheelhorseracer

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 06:54:13 pm »
Our club ( http://www.westernontariooutlaws.com)  is right across the boarder from Port Huron...

I would love to come across and race sometime next summer... you are welcome to come up and see us..

Offline Tophat

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 07:09:31 pm »
Thanks for all your time and help bruce. If there is enoguh interest in the test and tune track then I will be getting with you to wrap everything up. as far as getting to Canada, I would love to go but doubt it will happen soon with the current financial situation. You of course are welcome here.
Owner of Hipolite mower speedway. 1st USLMRA affiliated track. President of the Sod Shark Racing Club in Clarksville Mi. Where the BIG dogs Run!

Wheelhorseracer

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 08:06:39 pm »
Sounds good...

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
  • 3 WIDE RACING #1 ,#19 ,#0x & the #55
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2008, 11:34:14 am »
Tophat nice track!!!! did you get any pics of the last test and tune?? know you said you might! fun time anyway!! I hope to get over in Canada and watch WOO guys run next year!! love that blue (hate to say it) Ford

Offline Tophat

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 01:03:31 pm »
I'll send you what pictures I did get but unfortunately we didn't get very many. I have had some interest here on the forum but not much. are there any other michigan racers out there?

Offline racnjasn77

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 08:40:49 pm »
I'm from Lowell, MI. I'm about a half an hour to fourty five minutes away from you.

Jason

Offline jaysonmikula

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 09:36:15 pm »
Is your track about the same size as the one in Maple Rapids?  That was kind of small compared to what we usually run at the US level, but at least it was a place to put some laps on.  I might be interested when the weather warms up again.  Jim and I are just North of Grand Rapids, in Comstock Park and Sparta.
Jayson Mikula

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 07:49:01 am »
yes it is! smouth clay!!

Offline Tophat

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2008, 09:34:24 am »
Its as close in size as I can make it to maple rapids. since that is the only track I race on it only made sense to me to build it that way. do you guys want to be put on the email list? If so I will need your addresses. I have had a couple of guys from the muskegon area here before. they run uslmra as well. their coments weren't too bad.

Offline jaysonmikula

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2008, 01:59:30 pm »
Those guys from Muskegon must be the group from Norton's small engine, Brian, Chris, and Chad.  Good guys.  We see them at every MI LMRA race and many of the US races we make

Offline bountyhunter

• Ferris Michigan
  • Mow-Forum Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2008, 04:22:40 pm »
 Jayson Just wandering what tractor you running,Ferris

Offline Tophat

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 08:01:49 pm »
I sorry I do not know Brian, Chris, or Chad. The guys that where here were named Howard and Eric. Would like to meet them though. perhaps you could spread the word the next time you see them.