Author Topic: AP CLASS  (Read 14385 times)

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
AP CLASS
« on: November 03, 2005, 07:32:02 am »
AP Class
Post by Squidd on Jul 10, 2005, 2:12pm

8.5 hp and under...

What's the model number of the block I should look for...

Besides Tom's billet flywheel, what other part's (numbers) are reccomended and available for these motors... Carbs, Pistons, rod, Crank, Cam etc...?

Or is the Brigggs the better bet ?..parts availabilty, etc...??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: AP Class
Post by Tom on Jul 13, 2005, 2:40pm

We have bearings on the way for rods for the Tec. Formula 8 and 10. Maybe in about a month they will be ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post by Squidd on Jul 15, 2005, 10:35pm

OK...so now we have a flywheel and bearings for the rods...

Do you build and grind cams for these things...?

And back to the first question..What's the block numbers I should be looking for...?
I looked on Small Engine warehouse and they only listed a 6 and a 10 hp engine

Whats the number(s) for an AP legal block...?
Post by Tom on Jul 18, 2005, 9:23am

We don't do cams. I don't know the numbers. Maybe one of the other guys knows.
Post by George Herrin on Jul 18, 2005, 8:55pm

The Tecumseh engine of choice is the TVM-195 this is the older 8 hp or the newer 8 hp TVM-220, which is also sold as a 10 hp. But because it is also labled as a 8hp it is legal. Just remove the 10hp sticker. The tecumseh motor is the faster of the A/P motors, The other being the 8hp briggs. Main reason is that many have been adapting much of the horizontal Tecumseh star race motor parts to run in the Tecumseh vertical motors. Parts are coming for both motors though. Arc guys are hard at work to accomodate all but it takes time. Sometimes more than any of us want. But good things come to those who wait!!!! As far as cams go to the guys at precision cams. they do a great job and tell them I sent ya.
George Herrin
Post by mowerracer224 on Aug 21, 2005, 2:39pm

Hello Everybody I am new to forum and I have a question.
I was told that some of the parts that VKE Motorsports sales would be the better bet to put in my TVM220 I dont know if this is true or not i was just told this and would like to know befor I start to put any money in to my engine. If this is untrue then are parts sold by arcracing the way to go.
Post by George Herrin on Aug 23, 2005, 5:24am

ARC has the rod and flywheel to fit your motor, measure your wrist pin od you will need to know this when ordering a rod from arc. Precision cams can grind you any cam.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

anything