Author Topic: New ARC flywheel Vtwin Intek 40 & 44 (19 & 22cu in  (Read 9119 times)

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
  • I am going to Race Every Race like its my last one
    • View Profile
    • BTMRA Home/Forum An Independant Club.
New ARC flywheel Vtwin Intek 40 & 44 (19 & 22cu in
« on: November 03, 2005, 07:21:11 am »
Post by Tom on Aug 10, 2005, 11:34am

http://www.arcracing.com/intekv.jpg

This flywheel will require coil brackets and the Briggs part#808726 starter. We have the brackets and the starters if you need them.
George Herrin #6
Indian Power.. You gotta Go big to beat em or Go HOME
8 time ARMA National Champion
4 time USLMRA National Champion
Retired from BP
www.herrinmowersports.yolasite.com
www.allamericanmowerchampionships.yolasite.com
My other racer is a 1/5th scale Dirt Late Model!!!!

Offline arcbilletrod

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2005, 09:17:18 am »
just checking model numbers
his is TC incognito

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 05:06:12 pm »
do you have one for my 14hp single? It has the bolt on plastic fan instead of the metal fins?
  I used the same flywheel off of a junked 14hp vanguard single on my 16hp vanguard twin becasue it has the plastic fan instead of the metal!
  So a  ARC billet flywheel for a 16hp vanguard twin should work on my single, right?
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 05:46:31 pm »
If you used the single on the twin then reasoning would be the twin will fit the single. The flywheel you using now is it a steel ring gear or aluminum. If aluminum then the pitch on the Billet will not match the picth on the Vanguard single starter gear. And the 808726 high torque starter will not bolt to the Vangaurd. Like I said in another post the Vangaurd single is an entirly different animal than any other briggs single ohv.
George Herrin #6
Retired from BP

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 05:50:34 pm »
easy decision then. Im going with the 18hp twin i have! Oh and its a steel ring gear! and i run an oilcooler adaptor in place of the oilfilter, and a small trans cooler on top of the engine in the flywheel hole, and a 12v volvo fan keeps her nice and cool! I hope i can get a finless billet flywheel for the 18hp briggs vanguard.
Oh come on man. You got no lady fingers, fuzz buttles, snicker bombs, church burners, finger blasters, gut busters, zippity do das, or crap flappers?
No, I don't.
You're gonna stand there, owning a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistling bungholes, no spleen spliters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker donts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistling kitty chaser?

Offline George Herrin

• aka SUPERMAN
  • Superman
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 06:04:23 pm »
To my knowledge they only make them with the fins but I am sure they can make anything a fellow wanted. I have raced in all types of heat mud dust you name it. I have temp sensors to include head, exhaust, and even oil. Never had one run hot. All the coolers and stuff is excess weight. I even ran a whole day with no fan on the flywheel at all. It exploded (plastic was before billet) and it got hotter but never even got dangerously hot that I was worried. The Vangaurds are very efficient engines. They are well built and simply put all the extras just isn't needed. It looks impressive and all complicated but it just opens the door for more problems and a pain to work around if having to do a quick repair. Also you will not be able to take advantage of the quick timing adjustments availble on the flyhweel with all that stuff crammed on top.  Just my opinions though. Not the bible on it.
George Herrin #6
Retired from BP

Offline IBuiltmine-o1oo

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 06:18:16 pm »
The only reason i wanted a cooler was on the last lap, if i had anyone on me at all, they would take me because my engine would just bee pooped out. I woulnt have any power. But that could have been my belt and bell clutch too? ( we can run those) it didnt hold up to the vanguard very well.

edit: this time im going with a conventional clutch
No, I don't.