Author Topic: foote 3864  (Read 2997 times)

Offline cslsxpistol

• View Profile
foote 3864
« on: June 06, 2006, 01:56:21 am »
i have a foote 3864 transaxle and im having problems shifting it and also when its in the air and i turn one wheel the other one goes the opposite way.....i dont know if this is normal.....if its shot then is anyone selling a peerless 600?

Offline dynamark

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
foote 3864
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 06:10:48 am »
it proubly needs clutch keys they tend to start causing that type of proublem as for the other thats the rear diff working .at least i hope it wasent locked up .if you havent done something to make it a posi-trac unit the wheels will go oppisite ways in the air

oh yeah look up a coulpe of post there you'll find a welth of trans axle  know how

thanks dynamark
just wanna sling some sod

Offline cslsxpistol

• View Profile
foote 3864
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 01:49:18 pm »
they also go opposite ways on the ground when im pushing it

Offline mightymowe

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
foote 3864
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 02:53:18 pm »
if the ring gear is not turning and the spider gears are turning it will do that you either have to put it in neutral or push the clutch in. Or else the trans is jamed and not letting the ring gear in the diff turn.
David Peters

Offline dynamark

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
foote 3864
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 03:35:16 pm »
still could be shift keys yhey are famous for breaking ie.if the tip breaks in third gear on one key and the other one does not break it will cause the gear cluster to lockup can't be in two gears at ounce  that in turn will make the differental spin

dynamark
just wanna sling some sod

anything