Author Topic: Magnum 18 opposed revs  (Read 3691 times)

Wheelhorseracer

Magnum 18 opposed revs
« on: August 07, 2008, 04:54:21 pm »
I thought I had a 45 sprocket on the rear of my tractor but it turned out to be a 40...

So my last gear ratio was 6.92 instead of the 7.79 that I was running.. I had moved up to from a 6.67 ( that I thought was a 7.50 gear)

I just put a 45 on the rear (and it barely fit.. that's why I counted the teeth on the old used one I have had on all year).

My ratios are is 13/36 16/45 which should come out to 7.79 with a 50.14 tire circumference..

I guess I have only been hitting around 5300 - 5500  (with the old ratio) and with the new gear I would be around 6000 at the end of the straight... do you think an opposed would take that?

The 6.92 was working but not really fast enough out of the corner... this 7.79 would certainly help that.. but I don't want to run out of gear and hurt this engine..

I'm running royal purple oil and a hand made intake and stepped headers...

Offline Dylan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum 18 opposed revs
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 05:13:42 pm »
eep.. 5T that might make quite a diffrence...
mabey bring the 40T with you just incase you need to swap ti out becasue you dont have enogh speed witht he 45T?
i guesse you have been using the tourqoe of the kohler.. haha!

but if you cant get the sproket off your old axel.. take a 1.25" ID pipe and slide it onto the shaft.. then take the pipe as far up as you can go without ti comeing off the axel.. and ull your arm down as hard as you can and it will slowly start to move... thats how i have to get a few bearings and sprokets offf...
Dylan
03 Modified

www.westernontariooutlaws.com

Offline Squidd

• Global Moderator
  • Highly Mowtivated
    • View Profile
Re: Magnum 18 opposed revs
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 06:39:40 pm »
You guys really need to lose the TSC stuff and get some split gears and drop axle hangers...
Randy Stys
"Pull My Finger"
 63 Cub Cadet S/A

anything