Author Topic: Kohler 15.5 command  (Read 5319 times)

Tinkerer

Kohler 15.5 command
« on: July 13, 2008, 11:02:21 am »
Hi, All.  I have aKohler 15.5hp CV15S out of a Sears rider. I am trying to get it running.  I pulled all the wiring harness out of the tractor.  Figured out that I don't need much of it.  However I am stumped by the red wire running to the underside of the carb into a small cylindercal shaped object. It that a fuel pump?  The engeine will run as long as I pour small amounts of fuel down the carb.  The other question that I have is I have two wires that run under the flywheel.  What are they used for?  How would I set this engine up so that it will also charge the 12v battery.  Probably fairly easy stuff for most of you:)

Offline Dylan

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kohler 15.5 command
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 11:05:58 am »
the little red wire under the carb is the fuel cylinoid.. it wont run unless it has a 12V source to it..

and the 2 wires coming from under the flywheel.. one is a charging wire and the other one is for the lights..
Dylan
03 Modified

www.westernontariooutlaws.com

Wheelhorseracer

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 05:39:38 pm »
If you can..swap it out for an older Kohler carb... so you can have a high speed adjustment on the carb too...

I hate emission carbs

Offline 300xdeere

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 09:23:16 pm »
They aren't that bad..And if your good enough you can convert them, or have some one convert it to have the high speed adjust. I did it to my carb wasn't to hard, just time consuming. 

Tinkerer

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:00:45 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  How do I setup the current carb to be adjustable?  How does ther flywheel charge the battery?  As you can see I am new to this.  My nephew races lawnmowers and I watched him. Kind of gave me the bug.  Can I use a Ford 125 LG frame?

anything