Author Topic: Thank you from MGM & the D/O's  (Read 1899 times)

Offline evansop

• Turf Warrior
    • View Profile
Thank you from MGM & the D/O's
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:38:49 pm »
I’d like to thank all the racers who came to Mobile last weekend and help with the fundraiser for the Mary G. Montgomery High School Band in the Azalea City Mow-Down Show-Down. I’d again like to apologize for the last minute location change. But it did give racers a chance to race on one of the oldest and fastest little dedicated lawnmower race facilities around. The feedback from the Dixie Outlaws members has been great also. They want me to start planning for next year… I’d like to thank my band booster members for a great feast Saturday night. All-you-could-eat Gulf Shrimp, Cajun Craw Fish, and Connech Sausage with the fixins.

All the racing was some of the best in their classes. Even the Run-what-ya-Brung $100 Challenge was a great crowd pleaser. Sorry Sid on the FLA/NASGRASS loss! I think those D/O’s should gave the Visitors a 6-second lead. But that F/XT is quite quick. I bet Tom Ast after riding Chris Norman’s F/XT is at home right now putting one together for the next challenge. For Jim and Janet Witt it was great to have you back to the D/O’s track. It had been a while, and thanks for the help in Tech. I hope you taught Manny something.

The trophies designed by David Zaremba and Maddox Wood Works were also GREAT.
The State of Alabama with the USLMRA logo at the top and Lawnmower over Mobile.  What perfect idea. I hope everyone got one. If you didn’t I have a few left for souvenirs. 

The after race story tellin’ got quite good also. I think John Rollins needs to try out for Comedy Central. Bruce and Manny are still laughing! 

Here is an idea and I’d like some feed back for Nationals. A Friday night cookout like I did last year with the Gulf Coast Fixins. And a story tellin session with racers passing around Lawn Mower Stories. Bobby, Mark and Chuck with the Famous retake of the “How the Internal Combustion Engine Works”, John with the Monster Truck Tour and Dixie Outlaw Legacy, Cooter explaining to Monkey “How to go Fast” and much more. We can tape it and market it. $$$$$!!!!!!!!

Again, Thanks to all who attended, you help make a great weekend.

Kerry Evans
USLMRA President
Evans Outdoor Power & Promotions
USLMRA Timing and Scoring
USLMRA Steering Committe Member
Dixie Outlaws Safety Director
Owner/Builder 2001 S/P National Champion
e-mail: evansop@bellsouth.net

LetsMow.com
facebook.com/USLMRA